Thread: Vortech 'missing'

Frequent Visitor

Vortech 'missing'

Doing a swap to the new apex. Moved the WXM over and one of my vortech pumps is 'missing'. The other 7 are OK. Cannot seem to fix it. Had done both the firmware and RF updates, as well as a hard reset on the pump driver. I have old pump 'outlets' that correctly say missing, because they are; perhaps I need to remove them, but I see no way to delete them in the 2016 apex local dashboard?

Regular Vistor
    Ditto. I see the same thing when I lose power to the vortechs and bring them back up. One always seems to report "missing". I've tried doing a soft and hard reset on the vortech, and while it appears promising for a minute or 2 - in that it doesn't say missing, it eventually goes back to missing again without ever controlling it. Are there any logs/diagnostics to view to see what is happening?
    I also can't find a way to delete all of the stale vortechs on the WXM module - so perhaps that is causing the issue?

Capture.PNG

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Doing a swap to the new apex. Moved the WXM over and one of my vortech pumps is 'missing'. The other 7 are OK. Cannot seem to fix it. Had done both the firmware and RF updates, as well as a hard reset on the pump driver. I have old pump 'outlets' that correctly say missing, because they are; perhaps I need to remove them, but I see no way to delete them in the 2016 apex local dashboard?
    Delete the old outlets in the "Outlets" tab. Click on "show delete column" find your old and not used vortech outlets and delete them. Lather, rinse, repeat....

Did you get the WXM and Vortechs connected again?
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    That did the trick, many thanks.

The missing pumps apparently were clogging things up, and I couldn't see whereto delete them. With the three missing ones deleted it was trivial to then reattach the last pump.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Delete the old outlets in the "Outlets" tab. Click on "show delete column" find your old and not used vortech outlets and delete them. Lather, rinse, repeat....

Did you get the WXM and Vortechs connected again?
    Thanks. Never would have thought to look under the cloud icon for a delete button.
    That got rid of them but I still can't get the 3rd Vortech to bind again. I'll keep resetting the unit until I hit some magic combination...
    Anything I need to do to get the Apex to re-scan for available Vortechs after I reset them? Or is it always scanning?