Thread: ENEGY BAR 6 disconnecting several times leading the loss of all the outlets

New User

ENEGY BAR 6 disconnecting several times leading the loss of all the outlets

Hello,
    After installing my new APEX 2016 Energy bar 6, done all the Neptune Fusion link and setup, everything is working fine but Energy bar is loosing the “energy”, leading all the outlet to disconnect.
    Is doing it several times, for no reason. My router at home is a Time Capsule, working fine and apparently not loosing signal.
    Assistance is telling me that even though I might loose internet connection or wifi from router energy bar “SHOULD” not disconnect, which make sense..let’s say I’m away and I have a problem with my internet back home, I’ll not be able to see my parameters online, but my energy bar must stay online. Otherwise my tank will switch off...and unfortunately is what’s happening to me.
    So my problem is to understand if the energy bar is fail or there is a wrong setup with my router....
    Any tips?

NSI Member
    Based on what you have described it sounds like you have a problem with the Apex/Energy bar. If you lose your connection to the Internet or WiFi the apex/energy bar does not loose its programming under normal circumstances.

I would double check the connections to from apex and energy bar, make sure you are running current firmware and make sure the energy bar also as current firmware on the modules page.

New User
    My Apex is dropping internet connection many times per day also whether in wi-fi mode or ethernet connection. It usually reconnects by itself but eventually doesn't and the energy bar stops turning heaters, lights, etc. on and/or off. Not good. No resolution yet but working with Neptune Systems Support on it. Likewise, I've been given to understand that even when the internet connection is lost the Apex Base Unit and EB832 should continue to control equipment as programmed... mine doesn't.

New User
    Neptune Support called this morning and said they've been monitoring reports from my Apex (I had added them to my authorizations with 'Manage' status several weeks ago). They've definitively concluded that there is a hardware issue with the Base Unit and have initiated a Cross Shipment (swap) of a reconditioned unit for the one I presently have. Hopefully that will do the trick.

New User
    I have a cautiously optimistic report today. The latest Base Unit that Neptune Systems sent to me has now been running (hardwired and DHCP enabled) without a dropped connection to Fusion for approximately 72 hours. All aquarium equipment is plugged into the EB832 and operating as programmed. If this continues, it seems most likely that the root cause of the dropped connection issue resided within the Apex Base Units themselves. However, if this Base Unit begins to drop connection to Fusion then the root cause is back in question. In the meantime, it sure is great to have the Apex back again! "Thank you" to Neptune Systems Support and to everyone who offered their help via this forum. I appreciate it and maybe I'll be able to return the favor sometime.