Thread: EB832 Software Not Updating

New User

EB832 Software Not Updating

My Apex is reporting that the EB832 is running out of date software (Ver 7). I have attempted to update it several times, but it doesn't seem to be updating. Any ideas?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by spitts6654 View Post
    My Apex is reporting that the EB832 is running out of date software (Ver 7). I have attempted to update it several times, but it doesn't seem to be updating. Any ideas?
    I am having the same problem...

New User
    Have same issue

New User
    Same here

Regular Vistor
    Same here. The issue has been there since December at least. I've tried unplugging the EB832, resetting it, unplugging the APEX box, etc. -- nothing.

What version is it supposed to be?

Frequent Visitor
    Just checked - mine is version 8. Have you gone to the modules page to update it? Go to the modules page, then click on the EB832. On the right side, under "Configuration", select "Update Software" from the Action drop down list and click the Update Apex icon in the top right.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    Just checked - mine is version 8. Have you gone to the modules page to update it? Go to the modules page, then click on the EB832. On the right side, under "Configuration", select "Update Software" from the Action drop down list and click the Update Apex icon in the top right.
    Yep, went through all the standard stuff many times over the past few months. I'm trying to troubleshoot with Neptune directly right now, but since I don't have the optional 12v power supply, I can't follow the suggested fix:

1. First, you'll need to power the Apex controller with the optional power source
      1. 12V, 700 mA, 2.1 mm tip, center electrode positive
      2. It can be a higher current adapter, but not voltage

2. Unplug your EB823 from Power and the AquaBus
    3. Go to the Module Setup Page
    4. Choose your Energy Bar Module from the list.
    5. Click the Update Firmware button from the Action drop down list.
    6. Click the Orange Cloud icon.
    7. You will see updating firmware progression,
    8. Now in the middle of the firmware update plug back in AquaBus then more than likely, your Energy Bar will turn Orange shortly.
    9. Now plugin the EB832 to 110 Power

Your profile says that you have a EB832 and a DC8. The latter cannot be connected to an Apex (2016), but do you actually have a EnergyBar 8, and not an old DC8? If so, then you can do as Neptune tech support suggested without using a 12v adapter. The EB8, if that’s what you have, will keep the base unit powered up instead of needing the 12v adapter. Your profile also says that you have a DOS. It too will keep the base unit powered up while you temporarily disconnect the EB832, as long as the DOS power supply is connected to the DOS. If you do use another EnergyBar or the DOS, it will need to remain directly or indirectly connected to the base unit, not the EB832 while doing the procedure Neptune have you.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Your profile says that you have a EB832 and a DC8. The latter cannot be connected to an Apex (2016), but do you actually have a EnergyBar 8, and not an old DC8? If so, then you can do as Neptune tech support suggested without using a 12v adapter. The EB8, if that’s what you have, will keep the base unit powered up instead of needing the 12v adapter. Your profile also says that you have a DOS. It too will keep the base unit powered up while you temporarily disconnect the EB832, as long as the DOS power supply is connected to the DOS. If you do use another EnergyBar or the DOS, it will need to remain directly or indirectly connected to the base unit, not the EB832 while doing the procedure Neptune have you.
    I have only had a 2016 Apex with EB832 (not sure where the DC8 came from, but I just deleted that).

My DOS isn't hooked up, but it's a good idea to power it that way and try the EB832 fix they suggested. Thanks Russ!!

New User

did this solve the issue for energy bar 832 not updating?

Did this solve the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Tang-Clan View Post
    Yep, went through all the standard stuff many times over the past few months. I'm trying to troubleshoot with Neptune directly right now, but since I don't have the optional 12v power supply, I can't follow the suggested fix:

1. First, you'll need to power the Apex controller with the optional power source
      1. 12V, 700 mA, 2.1 mm tip, center electrode positive
      2. It can be a higher current adapter, but not voltage

2. Unplug your EB823 from Power and the AquaBus
    3. Go to the Module Setup Page
    4. Choose your Energy Bar Module from the list.
    5. Click the Update Firmware button from the Action drop down list.
    6. Click the Orange Cloud icon.
    7. You will see updating firmware progression,
    8. Now in the middle of the firmware update plug back in AquaBus then more than likely, your Energy Bar will turn Orange shortly.
    9. Now plugin the EB832 to 110 Power

Regular Vistor
    I had to have Neptune remote in. They fixed it

New User
    Had this same problem for a couple months. Every time I tried to update it said successful, but it really wasn't. Just so happens I always tried the update from my phone, recently tried it from my laptop and miraculously it worked! Maybe Neptune did something behind the scenes, but worth a try if you are still having a problem.