Thread: Code for refilling ATO reservoir ?

Code for refilling ATO reservoir ?

Ok, in my basement - I have a 40 gallon ATO reservoir plugged into a utility sink (theres also a RODI system in between the two). I have been waiting every 3 weeks for my ato reservoir to send me an alert and alarm when the ato tank gets a low water level trigger - done with a float valve at the bottom. I then go to the basement and manually turn on the water to refill the ato tank.

I now have the apex solenoid and have tested it for a week to see if it holds water closed with the faucet knob turned on, ( the solenoid doing all the work.) . So far - so good.

I want to have my ato tank automatically refilled to the top after the low water sensor is triggered.

I have fiddled with the code all day, but once I start refilling the tank and as soon as the ATO low water level virtual outlet (which uses a switch) goes back to the off position, the refilling stops. So I just make a virtual outlet and I manually just set it on, to refill the whole tank. It does sucessfully stop when the two high water sensors are activated.

Is there a way to have the tank just fill up to the top water level sensor automatically?

This is the code Ive got so far:

Set OFF
    Fallback OFF
    If Output ATO_Refill = ON Then ON
    If Output ATO_Low = ON Then ON
    When On > 150:00 Then OFF
    If Swx18_3 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Swx18_4 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output Leak_BasemtL = ON Then OFF
    If Output Leak_BasemtR = ON Then OFF

The ATO_refill outlet is the virtual outlet I made to control the solenoid manually, since I cant get it to fill all the way up automatically.
    Ato_Low is the low water level sensor, I want used as the trigger to refill to the top.
    Swx_3 is the first high water sensor I want to use as the stop for the solenoid
    Swx_4 is a second backup placed a little higher.
    It also has a hard plumbed float valve to stop the water level, but I want sensors turning off the water first. Theres leak detectors also for added backup.

Frequent Visitor
    Remove the set off line.

it is what is turning off the solenoid once your low float is no longer open.

Ok, im blind ! Haha.
    Ill remove it and test later.

OK for clarification and help for anyone else who wants to do this. Any for the record, everything is now working as I wanted.

My personal ATK code is the following:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx18_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx18_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 004:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    If pH > 8.40 Then OFF
    Min Time 030:00 Then OFF
    If Output Skimmer = OFF Then OFF
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Swx6_1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output Water-change = ON Then OFF
    If Cond_V < 33.0 Then OFF
    If Sw6 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output Siphon_Break = ON Then OFF

My Virtual Outlet for the Solenoid is:

Fallback OFF
    When On > 380:00 Then OFF

The ATO low water level virtual outlet (which uses an optical sensor named: Sw4) is called "ATO_Refill" (USED AS THE TRIGGER TO START REFILLING THE TANK). The coding for this virtual outlet is:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw4 CLOSED Then ON

If anyone wants to know what each switch is, let me know and ill spend more time typing it out for you in another post.

Quote Originally Posted by Intel339 View Post
    OK for clarification and help for anyone else who wants to do this.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx18_1 OPEN Then ON
    If pH > 8.40 Then OFF
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw6 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF

Fallback OFF

The ATO low water level virtual outlet (which uses an optical sensor named: Sw4) is called "ATO_Refill" (USED AS THE TRIGGER TO START REFILLING THE TANK). The coding for this virtual outlet is:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw4 CLOSED Then ON

If anyone wants to know what each switch is, let me know and ill spend more time typing it out for you in another post.
    Everything looks good, but I would strongly suggest that you give your switches and sensors meaningful names. It will confuse the heck out of you months from now if/when you want to change something.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

yes I agree 100%. Each one of those switches is actually on a virtual outlet already. I just haven't cleaned up the code yet. (its more redundancy in the same alarms than confusion at this point). I'm getting lazy.

Apex 3-14-2018.jpg

The Spike in all the readings is when I reset the system when i had to reconnect a stubborn Vortech and Radion

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Intel339 View Post
    OK for clarification and help for anyone else who wants to do this. Any for the record, everything is now working as I wanted.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx18_1 OPEN Then ON
    If pH > 8.40 Then OFF
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw6 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF

Fallback OFF

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw4 CLOSED Then ON

Hi Intel339,
    Thanks for the code. A few questions:
    What outlet name is the Solenoid plugged into? and What is the name of the Virtual Outlet for the Solenoid ?
    What is the code for the ATO_Low virtual outlet?
    What are the switches Swx18_1 (is this the low float switch?), Swx18_2 (Is this the 1st high level switch?), Swx6_1, Sw6, Sw1 all used for and where are they physically located?

Thanks, Ron

The solenoid is the "sink water" outlet. It creates its own outlet when plugged into the FMM, so there wasent a virtual outlet needed now that I think about it.
    I incorrectly referred to it as a "virtual" outlet above. Sorry.

The ato_low virtual outlets code is :
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw4 CLOSED Then ON

Swx18_1 is the optical sensor built into the atk. It is the bottom optical sensor.

Swx18_2 is the other optical sensor built into it, and is the top one. I also use that switch for virtual outlet: "sump overfill" This is actually reserved ideally to function as a backup sensor if the first sensor ever malfunctions by Neptune.

Swx6_1 is a leak detector on the first floor, its found in virtual outlet: Leak_1st_flr.
    If there is a fast leak, the water level in the sump is going to run low, and never allow the sump height to stabilize, and would otherwise allow the dumping of constant fresh water into the tank- making salinity drop. I want to prevent this by turning off the atk. This also prevents flooding if water levels get too high somehow and water is sloshing over the rim.

Sw6 is a float switch in my main display that only triggers if the water ever starts to rise in my main display. Its found on virtual outlet: 125Gal_high. (flood prevention). If this is on, then I want my atk to not turn on, thus preventing a flood. (Over 4 years this has triggerd maybe 2 times- due to a clogged drain - stupid nori sheets! ) this not only prevents a flood, but keeping salinity stable.

Sw1 is a float switch in my sump, that only triggers if the water in the sump gets too low for my liking. Its also found in virtual outlet : "sump_low." I keep about 8 inches of water above the vectra return pump. I have this sitting about 1 inch above the pump height. I want the atk to turn off if this is triggered because its also another way to stop constant fresh water going into the system if there is a fast leak (redundancy if the physical leak detctors are not working) or another clogged drain. This also prevents a salinity drop if theres a god awful leak of some sort.