Thread: Apex Jr not found on my home network

Regular Vistor

Apex Jr not found on my home network

I recently moved and am just now getting around to hooking my apex Jr. back up. I'm having a heck of a time. The status light is solid yellow. I never had the display for this system and I've always controlled it from my computer. I can't get my home network to either recognize it or give it an IP address.
    I've read everything I can on the forums and on the setup guides but nothing has worked.
    I thought since the solid yellow light means it's lost communication I tried to update the firmware. Can't get that to go either. I get message "The host name or IP address is invalid." It just keeps trying to connect but nothing happens.
    I've looked on my home network and there's no apex on there. There are a couple of things I don't recognize because they are random numbers. No particular label. I've unplugged everything and restarted it. No difference. I've been working on this for 3 days to no avail. Getting ready to just say forget it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Jennifer

Solid yellow means the apex has no firmware loaded or the firmware is severely corrupted. You will need to do a firmware force to try and get it back online. The choice of ip address might make this a long process. Often it reverts to the default 192.168.1.50 when you have a yellow light but not always.

Unplug the apex, start the update, let it fail a couple of times, plug apex back in, and wait a couple minutes. Repeat if unsucessful. If unsucessful two times, try a different ip. If you try a bunch and it still fails you might need to send it in.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you Zombie. When you say "let it fail" what exactly am I looking for? Is this when I'm trying to update the firmware, get the message "The host name or IP address is invalid" and it keeps trying to connect; do I just let it run til it basically gets tired and quits? I've let it run for a few minutes then just cancel it. Should I just continue to let it run? Thank you

Let it fail means the failed to connect message.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Let it fail means the failed to connect message.

How long does it take for that message to come up? I mean I let it run for 15-20 minutes and it was still trying to connect until I canceled it.

Sorry poorly worded. It's something like this though my memory may not be 100% on that one.

Trying to connect attempt 1
    Found ARP entry at address 192.168.1.50
    Trying to connect attempt 2
    Found ARP entry at address 192.168.1.50

Means it failed to connect twice. At that point you plug the apex back in and see if it will take. I usually wait a couple minutes from the plugging back in point before I start over.