Thread: It's not working correctly

New User

It's not working correctly

Fallback OFF
    Set ON

If Time 22:00 to 08:00 Then ON

If Temp1 > 85.0 Then OFF
    Min Time 001:00 Then OFF

Trying to run an airstone on the Advanced setting. It's not working correctly...ugh. Can someone tell me the correct programming for running an airstone from 10pm until 8am? Thank you in advance!

“it’s not working” does not tell us much of value. Always be clear and specific when posting about an issue like this.

I’m guessing that the problem is that the outlet is on at times you do not want it to be on. If so, the solution is to change Set ON to Set OFF.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Yes, it runs during the 8:01 to 21:59 timeframes. I've tried so many different ways to program it but it hasn't helped...ugh. So Fallback Off and Set Off?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF

The temp lines are useless for an airstone and you had nothing to turn it off.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thank you Zombie! You are correct on the temp line...I'll delete it.

New User
    It continues to run...?! It is on the advanced setting. What's going on?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF

If Time 8:01 to 21:59 Then OFF

Please state exactly what you want to occur. That second Time command is not needed due to the Set OFF command. Are you sure that you have to outlet set to AUTO and not ON. Are you sure you are working in the correct outlet? The following code should result in the outlet being ON from 10:00 pm to 8:01 am:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF

New User
    The outlet is set to auto. The slider bar shows Off on my computer screen. (It shows auto on my display screen.) The bubbler is running nonstop.

Ok, if the slider is showing OFF, but the air pump is running then there is a hardware issue. It is possible that the relay in the EBx is stuck in the ON state. How old is the EBx? Any possibility the outlet was overloaded? I have an EB8 that has a stuck relay due to a shorted ballast. You might also have a duplicate outlet/probe name. Or, like I mentioned before, you might have it plugged into the wrong outlet.

Assuming the outlet relay is stuck, move the pump and copy/paste the code into another free outlet and try it there.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Ok, if the slider is showing OFF, but the air pump is running then there is a hardware issue. It is possible that the relay in the EBx is stuck in the ON state. How old is the EBx? Any possibility the outlet was overloaded? I have an EB8 that has a stuck relay due to a shorted ballast. You might also have a duplicate outlet/probe name. Or, like I mentioned before, you might have it plugged into the wrong outlet.

Assuming the outlet relay is stuck, move the pump and copy/paste the code into another free outlet and try it there.
    Thank you Todd! I was thinking it may be the outlet. I think you are correct! I plugged it into outlet7 and it is not running ! YAY!...I think! Can the hardware issue be resolved-do you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Thank you Todd! I was thinking it may be the outlet. I think you are correct! I plugged it into outlet7 and it is not running ! YAY!...I think! Can the hardware issue be resolved-do you know? Not sure if the EB8 is my oldest one or not...can't remember :9(
    Last edited by terri_ann; 01-05-2018 at 17:17. Reason: omoission

Quote Originally Posted by terri_ann View Post
    Thank you Todd! I was thinking it may be the outlet. I think you are correct! I plugged it into outlet7 and it is not running ! YAY!...I think! Can the hardware issue be resolved-do you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Todd! I was thinking it may be the outlet. I think you are correct! I plugged it into outlet7 and it is not running ! YAY!...I think! Can the hardware issue be resolved-do you know? Not sure if the EB8 is my oldest one or not...can't remember :9(
    If it's a low power pump outlet 7 will give you the same sticking on problem too eventually. You have to use 4 or 8 if that is the case.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Ok Zombie, I will watch it. It's a Luft pump.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    If it's a low power pump outlet 7 will give you the same sticking on problem too eventually. You have to use 4 or 8 if that is the case.
    Yeah, I didn't think of that. That is the most likely scenario. Terri_ann, test the original outlet with a lamp or something that draws reasonable power. If it works correctly, then it is due to the low power draw of the air pump. You can do as zombie suggested and use either outlet 4 or 8 if available. Or alternatively, add something to increase the power draw on the original outlet. This can be done by using a splitter and a small lamp or other device.