Thread: Apex Constant Restart

New User

Apex Constant Restart

Here's hoping I can get some after hours help or weekend help!

I honestly have no idea what's happening. It's as if the system has gone completely haywire. My Apex (classic) seems to be "restarting" every 2-5 minutes or so automatically. Every 2-5 mins, I hear every bit of equipment shut off completely and restart. I would say this is a power outage or a surge issue, but the under tank strip lights I have don't even flicker for an instant so the outlets it's all plugged into are just fine and I have no tripped circuit breakers in my box either. It gets at least part way through the restart (radions come back on one at a time, then the vortechs power up, etc) and then "click" and everything shuts off again.

I tried "restarting" the system through the interface and that seemed to work for all of 10 minutes before it restarted again. Now it's back to doing it every 2-5 mins.

Has anyone experienced this before? Suggestions as to how to deal? Is Neptune support open on weekends?

Help!

~Frank

New User
    Update: Whatever is wrong, the system is still connected (at least partially) to Fusion. I just got a text alert (and a popup alert from the app) from a closed optical sensor on the ATK (likely because the return pump will kick off and the water level in the sump will go up too high). I'm now even more thoroughly confused.

What firmware version are you running? If it is the latest (4.53_AB17), then there have been several threads related to it. You may want to consider reverting back to the previous version.

Yes, if you have upgraded to 4.53 please reinstall fw 4.52 or older.

Frequent Visitor
    Roll back, FW 4.53_AB17 killed my classic far as I am concerned. I didn’t pay attention to the constant restarts until it was bricked.

New User
    How can i to get F/W version 4.52?

Brazilian Reefer
    same problem here, my display frozem, my modules keep restarting every fill minutes. how can I solve this problem?

New User
    I have the same problem, i've had 4.53 for a while with now issues, a week after i add FMM to it, it get the restarts. So - the fix is going back to 4.52, can someone confirm success?

The fix is contacting support.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    ashame there is no support on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
    ashame there is no support on weekends
    There actually are people who will respond to support emails on the weekends. On issues like this that tend to be more emergency in nature I have gotten responses within a few hours on weekends.

New User
    Hi Everyone,
    Any straight answer from tech support? Looks like I have same issue here. Everything was fine, till I lost connection to internet (I changed router settings), then when my Apex went back online it start restarting every couple minutes. When I unplugged internet everything is fine. Please advise.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPL View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Any straight answer from tech support? Looks like I have same issue here. Everything was fine, till I lost connection to internet (I changed router settings), then when my Apex went back online it start restarting every couple minutes. When I unplugged internet everything is fine. Please advise.
    Adam
    Contact support. They are the only ones that can fix this behavior.

Frequent Visitor
    If you unplug the ethernet cable, does the restart stop?

NSI Member
    I had a similar problem in the past, every now and then I'd here the tank gurgle because the return pump shut off, I was baffled for a long time until I started looking through the output logs and discovered that when by heaters came on I was drawing too much wattage which apparently made the EB8 reset and all the equipment plugged into that EB would lose power while it restarted.

I'm not saying this is your problem but it's something worth looking at. be sure that the components that you have plugged into the EB doesn't exceed maximum amperage.

New User
    My classic could be doing the same thing. It’s not connected to anything but the power supply and the network right now. Service light green, internet lights on, then 10 yellow/orange blinks on the service light, the green again. I successfully update FW. Issue stops when I unplug network cord, at least it seems to, it’s not hooked up to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHCollier View Post
    My classic could be doing the same thing. It’s not connected to anything but the power supply and the network right now. Service light green, internet lights on, then 10 yellow/orange blinks on the service light, the green again. I successfully update FW. Issue stops when I unplug network cord, at least it seems to, it’s not hooked up to anything.
    Contact support. They know how to fix this, but it's not something you can fix yourself.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHCollier View Post
    Is it connected directly to the router or running through some kind of network adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro