Thread: Need help with switching over to the Apex 2016

Frequent Visitor

Need help with switching over to the Apex 2016

I started switching modules over, one at a time. I started with a FMM that came with the auto top off kit. When I connect it to the new apex it says there are flow sensors instead of optical sensors. The module does not show on the dashboard. I would like to get this set up tonight, need help. Sorry but getting desparate been at this all dayAlso getting a red light on the module

Does it show up in the module page? If so go to configure and set them to optical instead of auto-detect (as you have already observed auto-detect is buggy and I wouldn't ever trust it). Then check the unused tile bin on the dashboard for the switch tiles.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    I can configure it as optical, located the tile and only shows for a flow sensor. The module light is red

Frequent Visitor
    I can configure it but in the tile area it shows as a flow sensor. The FMM light is red.

Also thought I could reboot by unplugging and now my fusion dashboard does not show the new eb832.

Frequent Visitor
    Everything I programmed into the EB832 is now gone. Also the Apex2016 is acting like my Apex lite. I can't get tasks to come up and I get limited options when I hit the expand icon.

Frequent Visitor
    For what it is worth fusion was appearing one way when wired to the computer and then a different way when using wifi. I put a ticket for the flashing red module.

Quote Originally Posted by slosoaks View Post
    For what it is worth fusion was appearing one way when wired to the computer and then a different way when using wifi.
    That's not possible.... Apex Fusion is a web site out "in the cloud" on the Internet, and the layout and overall appearance of an APEX Fusion dashboard is not affected in any way by the form of network connectivity (wired or wireless) used by the Apex. Provide more detail, and post screen shots of what you are referring to.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    You are correct. I was mistaking the Apex local with fusion. Did not realize that they looked similar now. The old apex dashboard I am use to was very different than fusion. Also support informed me that functions such as tasks are not available on the new Apex local/dashboard.