Thread: Power Resets - Any News on This

Regular Vistor

Power Resets - Any News on This

I have had 9 power resets in the last several hours. What is the issue here, my unit was ROCK SOLID before this new firmware update. I have been dealing with issues on this unit for the last 2 months.....HELP!

2018-01-07.png

Regular Vistor
    Where can I get the old version? I am running Apex Classic. Can t seem to find previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Also, it a good idea to get into the habit of saving the firmwares you download into a folder on your computer. You never know when you might need them.
    I have always done this with all installers, as a matter of course. However, we are no longer given direct access to the update files by many hardware and software devices, including the Apex 2016.

Frequent Visitor
    Question. If I have a backup .cfg of the previous version and I do a restore does it goes back to previous version or it only contains the configuration settings?

Thnks in advance... By the way i have the Classic

when you update, you keep the all the programms. But, BEFORE, check and remove any new coding feature from variable outlet or LSM or other module that supports, if you have used:

like If xxxx = OPEN THEN 45

i don't know the effects of an downgrade of fw with a unsupported coding saved into eeeprom, but i think you brick or freeze the cpu unit.

Quote Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
    Question. If I have a backup .cfg of the previous version and I do a restore does it goes back to previous version or it only contains the configuration settings?

Thnks in advance... By the way i have the Classic
    Only config settings and code, etc. The fw does not change.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the clarification.

Regular Vistor
    Well, I had the same thing happening to mine 5 days after updating to the latest firmware. I actually had BOTH of my Apex units shutting off/on several times a day. I placed an older version of firmware back into one, and then upgraded to the latest firmware and that worked for a couple days until the off/on started back up. It also messed up my WXM module as well. Neptune Support fixed the WXM for me remotely, and I thought all was great....but I am still getting at least one off/on per day still. I was informed today that they want my Main unit back for repair, as it is obvious something is wrong with it now. So I am buying a discounted Apex unit, and when that arrives, I will swap things out and send my old one back for diagnosis and repair....and then of course pay for that to come back to me as a back-up in case this happens in the future. My Seahorse tank has NOT done the off/on in the last 3 days, so I am hoping that is okay. I still find it odd that a lot of people are having the same issues after upgrading the firmware. I find it hard to believe that everyone's Apex base unit just took a dump.