Thread: If statements using VarSpd ports + more

Frequent Visitor

If statements using VarSpd ports + more

Q: My Varios 6 is plugged into Variable Speed Port 3(0-10v) using the ice cap module. I've created a simple profile and currently have it set where if my LDK senses water, the return pump shuts off. Now..... my Reef Octopus skimmer and neck cleaner are both utilizing an EB832 outlet for now and I want the both of them to shutoff if my return pump is off. Ive tried using: If "Varios Outlet" OFF then OFF but it does not recognize or pre-populate anything that is connected via 0-10v ports, it only seems to prepopulate items plugged into eb832. Is that normal and if so, how do I make this happen?

(EDIT - It looks like all I needed to do was type in the term "outlet" before "Varios" in order for the command prompt to allow it)

Follow up Question - Now my skimmer shuts off if my return pump outlet is OFF. But when I turn the return pump back on, the skimmer stays OFF even if the toggle is on "Auto." How do I fix that?

Q: When I transfer the old tank over I still have to hook up my Tunze Osmolator ATO unit and IceCap Battery backup to my APEX. Should these go into an eb832 outlet? Any best practices for advanced programming?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Post your skimmer code. It's probably a defer that is doing what it should but confused you.

The battery backup is better plugged into the wall as it's a waste of an outlet and would just be ON all the time. If you want it that way for a clean look just program it

Fallback ON
    Set ON

The tunze can have some advantages of plugged into an EB832 but not a EB4 or EB8. Using the watts feature you can move the pump runtime lockout of the tunze into the apex so you can be notified and have the option to turn it back on. An example for that would be like below however the actual watts and time values would need to be tested. The example assumes that the tunze pulls 2W when on but not pumping, 15W when pumping, and times out in 5 minutes)

ATOtimer (virtual outlet)
    Set OFF
    If Outlet ATO watts > 5 Then ON
    Defer 004:00 Then ON
    Defer 000:10 Then OFF
    When On > 000:05 Then ON

ATO
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Outlet ATOtimer = ON Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Zombie. My skimmer ended up turning on after 20 seconds but I have no defer command? How do I defer it a minute?

You do have a defer command. I see a 5 min defer in that code.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You do have a defer command. I see a 5 min defer in that code.

Thats just for feeding though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Makers Marc View Post
    Thats just for feeding though, right?

Nope. Defer, Min Time, and When apply to the entire outlet regardless of where it is placed in the code. The only way to seperate this is to use virtual outlets for each defer condition.