Thread: Another Vortech programming question

Another Vortech programming question

First, is it better to run my MP40’s from their own controllers and plugged into the Eb832 or using the WXM?

Second, how do I program them to shut off during feed mode? With my current setup, they don’t.

TIA

WXM control is better but I wouldn't suggest doing it the way you are currently. What you should do instead is click the wand icon and then use the graph to give them your desired mode and intensity that you want throughout the day. Then for your feed mode first create a profile (folder icon) that uses the vortech type and set it to a very low intensity of your desired mode. Then go back to the vortech WXM outlet, click the gear icon, gp to the advanced tab, and add lines of this basic form for each feed you want something to happen. Ex. Slow down during FeedA, off completely for feedD

If FeedA 000 then profilename
    If FeedD 000 then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Okay, I googled the wand icon and it’s supposed to be below the outlet and dash icons. As you can see in the screen shots submitted, it’s not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor72 View Post
    Okay, I googled the wand icon and it’s supposed to be below the outlet and dash icons. As you can see in the screen shots submitted, it’s not there.
    Outputs which are only either ON or OFF (such as the EB832 outlets you posted screen shots of) do not have a graphical wizard. The wizard is only available for those outputs type which have variable speed/intensity, such as the Vortech output created when you paired the MP40 to the WXM.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Another Vortech programming question

Ok. I have not done this pairing yet that you speak of. Maybe that is why it doesn’t show.

The pictures I posted are of one of the Vortech outlets, more than likely not set up correctly yet.

The pictures I posted are of one of the Vortech outlets, more than likely not set up correctly yet.
    The images you posted are of an EB832 outlet configuration into which (I assume) you have plugged the Vortech power supply.

In Apex lingo, a Vortech output is a special one which is created when you pair a Vortech to a WXM; it is that special Vortech output you will use to program the operation of the Vortech pump. The EB832 outlet will control only 115VAC power to the power supply - it cannot control the pump itself.

The Powerhead Control Type is not suitable for use with a Vortech; it is meant for simple "dumb" AC-powered power heads which have on ON/OFF operation. You need to pair the MP40 with the WXM so that you'll be able to fully control the pump. You do not even need to use an EB832 outlet for an Vortech. The Vortech driver should have constant power, so unless you want to use the EB832 outlet just for the sake of convenience, it's better to just plug the Vortech power supply into a standard outlet or power strip. If you do opt to the the EB832 outlet for the Vortech power supply, it should be programmed to be always ON using the Always Control Type.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Ok, so now that we are at this stage. Would it be the same if I wanted to use a UPS for the Vortechs? By that I mean would the above instructions still apply or would there be a different outlet configuration?

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Ok, so now that we are at this stage. Would it be the same if I wanted to use a UPS for the Vortechs? By that I mean would the above instructions still apply or would there be a different outlet configuration?

Thanks again. Much appreciated.
    It would be mostly the same. While on a UPS you want a very slow profile, which could be the same as your feed profile if you wish. Add the line below to the advanced tab as the very last line in the code (This assumes the vortechs are plugged into UPS outlets or UPS powered EB, the EB is plugged into the UPS, the aux power supply is plugged into the wall, and power monitor is enabled)

If Power Apex Off 000 Then profilename

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.