Thread: Please Provide Most often used Statements and expalin their syntax

Please Provide Most often used Statements and expalin their syntax

I am totally confused on how programming statements work. Wisdom is asked to provide a list of the most useful and often used statements along with an explanation of it syntax involved.
    Any help is appreciated.
    When You're a NOOB, You need lots of help all the time

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Go to the Neptune website, and under the support tab select documentation. Read the comprehensive reference manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

The response would be so insanely long, nobody including myself will bother. What I would reccomended instead is that you read through the programming section of the comprehensive users manual (chapters 5 and 6) and the manuals for any other module that you own. The users manual is a bit out of date so it is missing the when command, if error command, and the ability to use percentages instead of profiles for variable speed outlets.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The response would be so insanely long, nobody including myself will bother. What I would reccomended instead is that you read through the programming section of the comprehensive users manual (chapters 5 and 6) and the manuals for any other module that you own. The users manual is a bit out of date so it is missing the when command, if error command, and the ability to use percentages instead of profiles for variable speed outlets.

Thanks. I will go ahead to start on that.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    Go to the Neptune website, and under the support tab select documentation. Read the comprehensive reference manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

How hard is it for Apex to update an electronic user manual?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Makers Marc View Post
    How hard is it for Apex to update an electronic user manual?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    To be honest most of the user manual wasn't even written by Neptune. Most of it came from aquamaniac, though I'm sure Neptune compensated him for it. Thorough documentation has never been a strong point for Neptune. Their strong point has been making things simple for the beginner user, not so much for explaining every aspect the advanced user might want to know.

Frequent griper
    Thorough documentation has never been a strong point for Neptune.
    As a retired firmware engineer in the medical equipment field I must say that Neptune's lack of documentation effort makes their organization appear very unprofessional.

I hate to start off with my first ever post on this site being negative...... but it's my impression as a new Apex user.

Stan Walker

Each command is fairly straight forward to understand. The difficulty comes when you want to do more complex logic. I think the most fundamental key to programming the Apex is understanding that it executes commands top to bottom. Any FALSE statement is ignored and the last TRUE statement prevails. There are a couple exceptions, but that can be addressed later. Take a stab at writing out some code here and folks will usually give you feedback. Also, take small bites. You will get much better responses if you tackle things one at a time. And be specific about what you are trying to do.

Thanks Todd. I will start simple as u suggest. I am going through the 2 chapter concerning programming in the manual. My first coming up stab at programming will be to program my ATK with an extra sensor instead of 2. The two goes on the top tank and the third one coming in from my order will be placed in the sump to prevent overflow from both top tank and bottom sump due to return pump failure and/or overflow failure.

I had one such failure once using my current Hydor ATO. What happen was for some reason the over flow failed causing the return pump continuously pumping water to the sump while the return pump over flowing the the top tank.

I will write my first program and bring it here for comments once I get started.

Many thanks to all inputs.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk