Thread: Turn off outlet until manual reset

New User

Turn off outlet until manual reset

trying to figure out how to set up my rodi. (it's 55g so it takes a while to fill). I don't want to put in a low level switch /auto flush system yet.

I want to turn the RODI on and have it run until my overflow switch is hit, then have it off until I reset

So I switch the outlet to auto for my RODI water supply and once it turns off from high limit, it stays off. I don't want it to turn on again without me telling it.
    here's my current program, but defer only gets me 16 hours till it comes back on.

Fallback OFF
    Set ON
    If Swx8_1 OPEN Then OFF (this is the first high limit switch)
    If Swx8_2 CLOSED Then OFF (this is the emergency second high limit backup switch that texts me an alarm)
    Min Time 999:00 Then OFF
    If LEAK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK2 CLOSED Then OFF

thanks!

Remove the min time and the set ON. When you want it to start back up again set it to manual ON long enough to watch it change state then slide over to auto.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Okay, weird but the first time I did this it worked. I could put it in on or auto and the valve would stay on. then i left it on to fill and it hit the first switch and turned off like it should. I drained the water and tried again the next day but now it always turns off when I put it back in "auto". It's like it remembers turning off once and always stays in that state secretly. Here's the program. I tried it with and without the "fallback off first" line but nothing works. When i put it in auto it always turns right back off.
    If Swx8_1 OPEN Then OFF
    If Swx8_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If LEAK2 CLOSED Then OFF

Okay, update... if i add the "set on" line it changes the set state to on and it works like normal except I have to remove the "set on" statement or it will bounce back and forth at the switch instead of staying permanently off. It seem to remember the last "state" and that is not affected by the off/auto/on slider in fusion.
    Ideas how to make it work without having to input the "set on" line and delete it each time to reset the state to on?

thanks again for the help!

Are you putting it in manual ON long enough to get the state fixed? It needs to be in ON for at least one fusion refresh cycle (about 30 seconds) before switching to auto.

You might see if it operates properly in Apex Local, as compared to Fusion.

I'd also add back the Fallback OFF statement as it shouldn't be the source of the problem but could save you from a real mess in the event of a rare system failure.

If you can't get it to work, you can use a trigger outlet that is just off all the time and use that outlet state as your first line to start the cycle. Then just start it by turning the VO to manual ON Then back to AUTO.

New User
    I tried leaving it on for 10 minutes then going to auto and it still popped off. I also tried turning it "on" via the apex display module but both had the same result. I'll try the VO relation statement after i get back next week. thanks for the help guys!

It should work as zombie described. I do this often to override the DEFER command when I don't want to wait. Have you verified that the switches are working correctly? No duplicate names? You could simplify the code by reducing it to a single condition and testing it and progressively adding back the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It should work as zombie described. I do this often to override the DEFER command when I don't want to wait. Have you verified that the switches are working correctly? No duplicate names? You could simplify the code by reducing it to a single condition and testing it and progressively adding back the conditions.
    It's actually probably just a bug. Another user just had the same problem and the VO fixes it. I've seen the same problem on many firmwares over the years, so the VO is probably a safer long term bet anyway since it always works.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It's actually probably just a bug. Another user just had the same problem and the VO fixes it. I've seen the same problem on many firmwares over the years, so the VO is probably a safer long term bet anyway since it always works.

Good to know. I'm still on 4.51 since I missed 4.52 and don't want to risk 4.53 with the current problems. I've never encountered this issue.