Thread: Connecting icecap battery to maxspect gyre icecap module and Apex

New User

Connecting icecap battery to maxspect gyre icecap module and Apex

Currently I have the icecap 3rd party module connected to my Maxspect gyre and Apex 2016 using the Y ethernet cable for full apex control. My issue is that I now want to add an Icecap battery backup to this configuration. However there is no way to connect the battery as per the instructions found on Coral vue site without swapping out the ethernet Y cable with the included Y cable (non ethernet) and losing apex controllability. There just isn't enough plugs on the battery or the icecap module to use both Y cables and integrate the battery with the module, gyre and Apex altogether. Am I missing something in the setup? Has anyone already installed it this same setup that I'm trying to achieve? Any help with pictures or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

See this: http://blog.coralvue.com/download/9156/

Connections involved in using the backup battery do not affect the use of the control cable at all.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.