Thread: How to Configure iOS Notifications

New User

How to Configure iOS Notifications

I mainly monitor and manage my APEX Fusion through my iPhone and greatly appreciate the notifications I receive when there are issues however I would like better control over the notifications.

My biggest issue is not being able to set a hysteresis on the alerts like you can with the email alerts. When my ORP hits the alert threshold it sometimes bounce between alert and OK and I then get spammed with alerts.

Is there a way to enable advanced programming of alerts for the iOS notifications and if so can someone point me in the right direction on how to get started?

Background Info:
    All alerting is configured on the input/outputs themselves, not in EMAILALM_I5. EMAILALM_I5 is set to Auto (because I found that disabling it removes all iOS notifications) with the default programming of "Set OFF" I had previously had the following code in EMAILALM_I5 thinking it would delay alarms by 10 minutes but it did not work.

Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Min Time 000:10 Then ON

You can do it with virtual outlets but you lose the feature that shows you the orp value in the text.

Ex.

HighORP
    If ORP > 450 Then ON
    If ORP < 425 Then OFF

What I do instead personally is use a 1 minute defer in the email alarm and that solves most of the issues you are having from that alone.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks zombie. I believe I see my issue. My defer statement was for 10 seconds, not 10 minutes as I had though.

OLD Defer Statement
    Set OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Min Time 000:10 Then ON

NEW Defer Statement

Set OFF
    Defer 010:00 Then ON
    Min Time 010:00 Then ON

I do like seeing what the pH, ORP and Temp are in the alarms so I will stick with the existing configuration and hope the defer keeps the alerts down.

Two followup questions: I found that I will receive a new iOS notification every hour for the length of time the alert is on. Is there a way to stop this? Secondly, when the alert mode ends, I receive a "Set OFF" alert which is entirely useless as it doesn't state which alert it is setting to an OFF state. Is there a way to include the alert type in the "Set OFF" message or if not, to disable these messages?

Quote Originally Posted by briantho View Post
    Two followup questions: I found that I will receive a new iOS notification every hour for the length of time the alert is on. Is there a way to stop this? Secondly, when the alert mode ends, I receive a "Set OFF" alert which is entirely useless as it doesn't state which alert it is setting to an OFF state. Is there a way to include the alert type in the "Set OFF" message or if not, to disable these messages?
    A repeat notification will, as you observed, be sent every hour by default as long as the condition triggering the alarm persists. That cannot be disabled, but the 1-hour repeat periodicity can be changed by modifying the Re-Email Delay setting found on the network setting page - choose Legacy Email in the Type menu.

The Status OFF / Set OFF message sent after the previously-active alarm condition is no longer present means "All Clear - there are no active alarm". This cannot be disabled.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.