Thread: Trouble with ATK powering the PMUP

New User

Trouble with ATK powering the PMUP

I have an ATK that I have been using for 6 months now. It has worked quite well. This past Saturday I got several alarms that the water level was too low. I have not been able to get the PMUP to come on since then. I cleaned the PMUP and made sure it was operating by plugging it into the one link. The PMUP started right up. I am wondering if the port powering the PMUP on my FMM can go bad.?! Is that even a thing or did I mess up my program somehow. This is what I have:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATKlow OPEN Then ON
    If ATKhi CLOSED Then OFF
    If Leak1 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 120:00 Then OFF

This is pretty much the basic program that comes standard when you set up the ATK. Even when I turn the output on the PMUP does nothing. Any advice or things I should check?
    Just as added info there are 2 optical sensors and 2 leak detectors also plugged into the FMM operating just fine.

Set the outlet to manual ON. Does the pump come on (also check with the tubing disconnected if nothing comes out but you hear it trying)? If it doesn't come on at all, you can check that the port is functional by putting the leads of a voltmeter into the port and see if you get 24V while it's on manual ON (This is the least likely thing to fail). If all tests up to this point show a problem with the PMUP itself, open the case and check the impeller for cracks or breaks and the casing for clogs. If everything up to this point checks out, contact support and note the steps you tried already in the ticket.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    If you have a voltmeter, you can test the voltage on the FMM port to see if it's turning on. I assume you've tried manually turning it on by going to the appropriate outlet in Fusion and moving the slider from 'Auto' to 'On' Do you hear a relay click in the FMM when you do so? You can also try plugging the PMUP into your EB832 and changing the outlet programming to that port and see if it functions as expected.

New User
    Thank you for your input. I will try the volt meter later today. All the other options I have tried already except for the EB32 because I have the classic. I used the 1link though and the PMUP does work.

New User
    Could this also be a bad power supply? The status light on the FMM is still green if I have the power supply plugged in or not. I have a aqua-bus cable running from the FMM to an EB8.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance A. Lot View Post
    Could this also be a bad power supply? The status light on the FMM is still green if I have the power supply plugged in or not. I have a aqua-bus cable running from the FMM to an EB8.
    That was my thought, too. The FMM will run off of power from the aquabus cable, but it needs the power supply to drive the pump. Make sure the power supply hasn't come loose at the wall or at the FMM jack. When you get out the volt meter, check that the power supply is working, too.

New User
    The power supply for the FMM and the 1 link wouldn't be the same would they? I couldn't just switch them to see if I have a bad power supply could I? Probably different pin size or input output strength.

The power supply for the FMM and the 1 link wouldn't be the same would they? I couldn't just switch them to see if I have a bad power supply could I? Probably different pin size or input output strength.
    Indont know if the pin size is the same but if it is, you can plug the 1link supply in the FMM to test (but I wouldn't use the FMM supply in the 1link because is lower amp rating and might not be able to power what you have plugged in).

Frequent Visitor
    Looks like The FMM has a 24V, 1.5A (36W) power supply and the 1Link has a 24V 5A (120W) supply. The 1Link is supply is sized larger because the 1link module is intended to power more than the FMM, but if the plugs are the same size it should work fine with the FMM.

New User
    Surprisingly they were the same pin size but using the different power supply didn't shed any light on the situation. The pump did not turn on even when the outlet was manually switched to on.

Surprisingly they were the same pin size but using the different power supply didn't shed any light on the situation. The pump did not turn on even when the outlet was manually switched to on.
    I would create a support ticket then. Given the information presented so far I would expect that there is likely a hardware failure in the 24V relay or associated circuitry. This will take some time so in the meantime I would use the 1link 24V port for the PMUP and update the FMM module firmware to rule that out as a potential issue as well.