Thread: Just Received Apex COR-15 ... Horrible Quality Control

Regular Vistor

Just Received Apex COR-15 ... Horrible Quality Control

Just received a COR-15 in the mail 10 minutes ago. Absolutely HORRIBLE quality control ... manufacturing defects, dinged up inside the packaging, glue leaking onto the case from the seams of the pump, looks as if it was justified shoved into the box. WTH Neptune? Usually your products warrant a higher purchase price, but this thing looks like it was just slapped together by a 10 year-old. After such a long wait ... SENDING IT BACK TOMORROW ;-(

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Frequent Contributor
    The box damage looks like something happened in shipping. As though the box did not get packed adequately from whomever you received it from.

The marks on those fittings are mold injection points. Not dings. That is certainly not how you should receive it though. You will always see a mark there, but it should have been cleaned up at injection molding. It will not affect the performance but we can certainly get new ones out to you.

Please send a ticket into support with more photos and we can get this taken care of.

Frequent Visitor
    FWIW, mine was packaged very neatly; I would agree that it seems like you have some shipping damage. The injection molding on the rings for my pump was not world class, but it wasn’t craptacular, either. (I included a picture of the fitting from my COR pump as well as another generic PVC fitting for reference.) I think part of the issue is the location of the injection port as well as the color of the fitting makes the injection defect very obvious. Terrence is right that it has absolutely no impact on function. I would agree that after paying $300 for a pump you don’t want dinged up parts.

You said you had glue leaking from the seams of the pump - where was that? I don’t think there’s any glue used int he manufacturing, so I don’t know where that would have come from.

Edit - I did notice as I took the pump apart to inspect it that there was some water inside. Since it came direct from BRS as part of their first shipment from Neptune, there’s no way it was a used unit returned to them so I have to assume that the water came from testing at the factory.

88621062-C641-428C-AA78-598E7AA2D7B3.jpgA4020F91-DEAC-4AB9-BB62-3133493DAF43.jpg

Frequent Contributor
    We water tested, in Morgan Hill, every pump shipped so far. They are dried on racks with forced air but some small amount of water will always likely be trapped inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    We water tested, in Morgan Hill, every pump shipped so far. They are dried on racks with forced air but some small amount of water will always likely be trapped inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kudos to you guys for doing that - I know you’re probably doing extra work to make sure the launch goes well, but not many companies actually water test any of their pumps.

Frequent Visitor
    Just for reference, here are a couple of pictures of my COR 20 that I took when I had it out of the sump this afternoon. F6DC3B65-D600-4D7A-95D4-E009EDF38ACD.jpg04715BFD-95CD-4EDB-A07B-37FA558163BA.jpg