Thread: Constant set off alarms??

Regular Vistor

Constant set off alarms??

Hello,

I'm getting recurring Status: Off / Statement: Set Off alarms and cannot figure out why. I think I understand that there should be one status off alarm to notify that an even has been resolved but why do I keep getting additional alarms where highlighted below.

1.JPG

My alarm code is as follows.

Set OFF
    If FM-Ret > 720 Then ON
    If FM-Ret < 700 Then ON

Thank you

It's likely quick flow spikes that return within range before the alarm email has finished sending. I would widen your flow alarm bounds and add the line

Defer 000:30 Then ON

To the end of the email.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Weird, but okay. I'll try that. I increased the top end to 725 and have no record of it ever exceeding 722 but still get the off only notifications. I've confirmed that all other probe alarms are off (using the advance options) to try and isolate the issue. So you think it's possible that although the max on the graph shows 722, a quick burst above 725 causes the off alarm to trigger but no on event nor the true max being logged? Thanks

Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by chadowens View Post
    Weird, but okay. I'll try that. I increased the top end to 725 and have no record of it ever exceeding 722 but still get the off only notifications. I've confirmed that all other probe alarms are off (using the advance options) to try and isolate the issue. So you think it's possible that although the max on the graph shows 722, a quick burst above 725 causes the off alarm to trigger but no on event nor the true max being logged? Thanks

Capture.PNG
    It can definately be higher than what the graph shows. The graph is not a continuous graph. It's a bunch of snapshots at whatever your logging interval is (default 10 minutes) and then they connect the dots.

Regular Vistor
    Gotcha. Is this where i would change the interval? Thank you!

Capture2.PNG

Yes. Do note that the shorter you make that value, the total amount of time stored will be reduced. With the 2016 apex and a small number of modules and probes you could probably get away with a minute and still have several months stored but if you want to keep a year worth of records then I would keep it at 10.

Regular Vistor
    Much appreciated. I've got pretty mulch every Neptune module out there on my system so I guess I'll stick with the 10 mins.