Thread: COR Plumbing

Regular Vistor

COR Plumbing

I just took the COR-15 out of the box and I’m looking to play.
    Anyone have suggestions on plumbing parts to use to get the output down to 5/8 flex pipe without making hard(glue) connections?

Regular Vistor
    Red Sea Reefer 250 5/8 plumbing solution. No glue required giving options down the way. 1/2 Sch. 80 Union and 1/2 thread to 5/8 Barb. Use a portion of the union with the thread to barb in conjunction with the factory setup. The portion of the union fits nicely inside the factory piece and using the factory O-ring. No glue. Life is good with options down the way.

New User
    I just received the COR 15, also for use on a Red Sea Reefer with the flexible (green) return hose. Would you be able to specify which plumbing parts on the BRS website you used to connect up the COR 15? Did you use the schedule 80 1/2 union slip x thread, and then screw in a threaded barb to get down to 5/8? Did you not use the 3/4" slip fitting provided with the COR? Thanks!

Regular Vistor
    Contacted BRS looking for suggestions they weren’t much help. Local plumbing supply store was the ticket. I used the (3/4” slip provided) by the COR, inserted a portion of the 1/2 Union in the 3/4 slip with the (provided O-Ring) peace of mind, then attached a 1/2 -5/8 barb into the 1/2 Union. The 1/2 Union can be acquired w/ Sch. 80, I’ve been unable to find the 1/2-3/4 Barb in Sch. 80 just for aesthetics anyway.

Frequent Visitor
    Can you heat up the green, 5/8” hose and stick it on a 3/4” hose barb?

Frequent Visitor
    Red Sea sells a 3/4" barbed connection that fits a Reefer 250. It completely replaces the 5/8" barb and collar and includes a new o-ring.

New User
    Guy's i'm very technically inclined but plumbing is really not my thing and I need help with this... can someone please dumb down this like maybe exactly what parts are needed and what goes where. I really appreciate any help with this, I'll buy you a beer.

New User

Question on how you’ve made the connections, J3ffr3y

Quote Originally Posted by J3ffr3y View Post
    Red Sea Reefer 250 5/8 plumbing solution. No glue required giving options down the way. 1/2 Sch. 80 Union and 1/2 thread to 5/8 Barb. Use a portion of the union with the thread to barb in conjunction with the factory setup. The portion of the union fits nicely inside the factory piece and using the factory O-ring. No glue. Life is good with options down the way.
    @J3ffr3y Just so I’m clear here, was this your setup?

COR --> Schedule 80 1/2" union (threaded x threaded) --> 1/2" thread (male) to 5/8" barb

I’m curious because the COR comes with the larger union (1.25") and a few slip options. And the outer thread (male) for COR looks like it fits a 1.5" thread. Are you using one side of the 1/2" union to screw onto the COR and then attaching the 1/2" male to 5/8" barb into that and not using the other half of the union?

I want to make sure I’m clear before I order and finding the size of the union thread has been challenging.

New User
    Here's how I ended up plumbing my COR 15 into my Red Sea Reefer 170:

COR ¾" slip + ¾" slip × ¾" FPT + ¾" NPT × ⅝" barbed

I have it all assembled and hope to get the tank wet this coming week (or the following).

Links:

¾" slip × ¾" FPT @ Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...4703/100116710

¾" NPT × ⅝" barbed @ BRS: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/3-4-n...g-indelco.html