Thread: APEX rebooting when I try to get to Probes/Input Setup

Frequent Visitor

APEX rebooting when I try to get to Probes/Input Setup

Hello all,

I am a heavy APEX user as you probably know already.

I have the classic for more than 3 years running AOS version 4.52_5A17

I have 3x WAV in pulse connected to 1Link
    I have 2x DÖS
    I have PM1
    I have 1 EB6 220v
    I have an ATK

Yesterday I bought an aditional EB6 220v for a total of two now in the system.

And then the strange thing started to happen. My system is super stable and I don't have any disconnects or reboots and has been stable for the last 3 years with no major problems that I could not fix quickly.

Actually APEX saved my tank 4 or 5 times already.

Now ... with the new EB6 I went to classic to change the AMP_12 probe name to AMP_2 and as soon as I go to "configuration --> Probes/Input Setup" in the classic dashboard the system reboots.

Any ideas?

All the modules are current with all the firmware loaded and in an OK status.

All the best,
    Rui

Try to reboot apex. First, please update the bootloader - is possible only with the menu on display (system menu?). Then try to power off all (shut down main supply to the EB6 to power off bus and disconnect 12V on cpu if you have)

i immagine that the EB6 new has the address 12 on the bus, if you have other module (like wav, 1link, ...)

in my system (one only EB6 on 3 address) i have 2 "amp_3" in the input. one is a fake obviusly... a little bug.

Check if is the same for you, like 2 amp_12. if so, try change name to the other one.

It's possible to clean all the stored unused address and variable that you not see in the web page but are still present in the CPU EEPROM memory, but you must connect in Telnet mode to CPU and launch a command in the terminal. Is possible a confictual conf stored.

Is the same connection procedure is used to setting "zero" of the ampere measurament of EB8/EB6. Search on forum.

Frequent Visitor
    Hello MeoMat,

"clean clean all the stored unused address and variable that you not see in the web page but are still present in the CPU EEPROM memory, but you must connect in Telnet mode to CPU and launch a command in the terminal. Is possible a confictual conf stored."

Can you tell me how do you do that? Maybe thru support?

I see no telnet commands I can use!

All the best,
    Rui

I've put a look, a coupe of days ago, but find nothig. But I remember to have seen... but not where....

- - - Updated - - -

But have you resolved? have you upgraded the modules and bootloader?

Another way. some name are reserved and could made a error. please try with a fantasy name (6 chars max) like "pluto" and try if this is accepted.

My friend had a problem with the name of ph probe, for this reason.

Rui, please disregard the suggestions given by MeoMat; they will not help. The issue you encountered was fixed last year; you'll need to update to the 4.53 firmware and web pages
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Rui, please disregard the suggestions given by MeoMat; they will not help. The issue you encountered was fixed last year; you'll need to update to the 4.53 firmware and web pages
    Thank you Russ. Will do that right now and will see. Just hope I don't have reboots like others are experiencing!

All the best,
    Rui

ok, but Rui is still running 4,52 that is the 2° release of 2017... so in the 4,52 this bug was resolved?

In this moment, in my opinion is not a good idea to upgrade to 4.53... I run, but with some little bugs but without rebooting, so I stay with the last: but to another friends that have apex I tell to stay to old. To much risks.

For me, Rui can simply try with renaming, could be or not the solution of problem, but is riskless...

Frequent Visitor
    Hello MeoMat & Russ
    I have upgraded and solved the problem! my naming is not the problem as the power is EB6_12 and the other EB6_3.

I have the old firmware so if I start having disconnects I will revert back. Anyway I already renamed all the probes I wanted!

All the best,
    Rui

nice!