Thread: Syncing Apex with Two Gyres - What to set V2/V4 directional coding with single cable

New User

Syncing Apex with Two Gyres - What to set V2/V4 directional coding with single cable

Should I just set both at 100, always on? I originally programmed them with the alternating mode per coralvue and now confused how to just get them operating back in forward? [too much apex programming today!!]

One of the ports will be forward at 100 and reverse at 0 (I think it's the second one but don't quote me on that). The other one is overall intensity. You can use a simple OSC statement for the direction one since OFF is equivalent to 0 and ON is equivalent to 100% in varspd outlets. If say you want the direction to change every 5 minutes you would use.

OSC 000:00/005:00/005:00 Then ON

The intensity port is up to your personal preference. You could use the graph to have it slowly change intensity over the day, use profiles to make it pulse, or a combination of the two.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks Zombie,

I think for they sync setup with two opposing gyres they recommend just both in simple forward direction on both gyres, just trying to get back to that setting. You are right on the "alternating" gyre set-up, that is what I have coded now and just trying to get back to simple forward. I don't think combining the alternating and the syncing setup will be as beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy79 View Post
    Thanks Zombie,

I think for they sync setup with two opposing gyres they recommend just both in simple forward direction on both gyres, just trying to get back to that setting. You are right on the "alternating" gyre set-up, that is what I have coded now and just trying to get back to simple forward. I don't think combining the alternating and the syncing setup will be as beneficial.
    That's actually super easy. You can have them opposite state so one pushes while the other pulls in tandem by using this code for the other direction.

Set OFF
    If Outlet direction1name = OFF Then ON

New User
    Many thanks I knew it had to be easy brain just fried!!! Thanks again!

You can also do some really cool stuff using OSC to create massive turbulence as well. For example lets make both of them be forward for 5 min and reverse for 5 minutes, but we want to create massive turbulence every time they change directions. Then you could overlap the change by 30 seconds and the two running in tandem instead of opposite will create additional turbulence.

Gyre1direction
    OSC 000:00/005:00/005:00 Then ON

Gyre2direction
    OSC 004:30/005:00/000:30 Then ON