Thread: DOS Programming with AWC and Sensors...

DOS Programming with AWC and Sensors...

Hey Guys,
    Quick Question.
    I tested my low Optical Sensor tonight in my fresh made salt water tank. I programmed both of my DOS Pumps
    (FreshSW In and Waste Out) that are doing my Automatic Water Change for this:
    If SWLOW OPEN Then OFF

The Point of above is so that when it gets to low Sensor, tank doesn't run dry, fills back up and stops the AutomaticWaterChange. I then Programmed the Selenoid Valve to open and flow fresh water into tank. When it hits the top sensor, it should close. Add Salt Ect......... Continuous circle....

This is in the Selenoid Config:
    Fallback OFF
    If SWLOW OPEN Then ON
    If SW-Hi CLOSED Then OFF

Only problem is, when it tested the low Sensor tonight, I pulled it out of water, made it dry, it shut off BOTH DOS’S from doing the AWC, but when i closed the switch and put back in water, the DOS’s went back on. This is no good because at this point the Selanoid opens and starts diluting the remaining water with fresh and the tank needs me to wait until full (Top Sensor Closed Selanoid Closes) then I need to add salt. How do I program this so the Dos’s shut off, but doesn’t come back on? I guess I have to manually switch their switches back to auto? From off after I add salt??

Thank You,
    Steven Simon

You need to use a virtual outlet to lock it out.

AddSalt
    Set OFF
    If Outlet Solenoidname = ON Then ON
    When On > 000:10 Then ON

DOS
    If Outlet AddSalt = ON Then OFF

Email
    If Outlet AddSalt = ON Then ON

This will notify you when you need to add salt and prevent the DOS from running. Once full and salt is added, change the VO from manual ON back to AUTO.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Ross,
    I have virtual outlets in my Fusion,

Here is how I have programming setup :

Virtual Outlets

Dos Configs:

Selenoid :

Alarm :

Those aren't virtual outlets. Those are DOS outlets. Very different. You create them with a little icon in the upper right when you're on the outlets page.

OK Ross,
    So I made this VO:

Now do I change the dos codes I already have?

Or do I add your code in under??
    Don't I need to keep the code for sensor to trigger event?

Also change the alarm???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would replace what you have now with what I posted in the earlier thread.

SO get rid of line 1?? NO need to use sensor code??

Like this:

Correct. That line is no longer needed.

What was this line for? In Virtual Outet>>

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    What was this line for? In Virtual Outet>>
    That means when the outlet is on (while solenoid is running) for at least 10 seconds, change the state of the outlet from ON to manual ON. This locks it in place so it can't add diluted water until you add salt to it and change it back to AUTO manually.

Awesome Russ!!!

Russ,
    One last thing I have a power head in bottom of this SW Mixing Station. It's on this outlet, I also put a line of code in to shut it off when low sensor opens, should I delete this and doing same thing as other. Same code? Reference the virtual outlet so it doesbt comeback on until I add salt?

I'm not Russ... but you would leave that intact with just the switch statement. That one can stay as is because you want it to mix as it fills.

Sorry Man,
    Thought your real name was Russ... You have been overly helpful with coding. Thank you for passing your knowledge on...
    Can't wait for my water to go down to low Sensor, all the code will kick in, see Solenoid valve open and make water.... Get alarm when done... Cant wait!!

Is there an online reference for all the codes??

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    Sorry Man,
    Thought your real name was Russ... You have been overly helpful with coding. Thank you for passing your knowledge on...
    Is there an online reference for all the codes??
    I'm Jon, Russ is username RussM.

The majority of code is detailed in the CRM https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...nce_Manual.pdf

Unfortunately it's a tad out of date, so module specific code for some of the newer modules as well as the when statement are scattered in module manuals and stickies on the forum.

Gotcha not sure why I thought that. Russ helped me years ago.... Hey are spaces OK in code??

Those spaces should be there.

So my programming kicked in tonight, seemed to all work well, the low sensor went dry, the virtual outlet shut of the dos, the Selenoid opened and started filling water. One thing I did notice, where my waste water line starts in my sump. I see some bubbles creeping up the line. My first thought was a back syphon started, so I went downstairs into basement were dos is pulling the water , and the drain line doesn’t seem to be moving down there. I see an air bubble or 2 that are just stagnant and not moving. The water level in sump doesn’t seem to be changing so I guess I’m good. The atk isn’t working any more than it should also, what could these bubbles be??

https://youtu.be/s9xdLycOLMU

Could be lots of things. Improper connection on the DOS fittings, crack in the tubing, or it's pulling water from an area with quite a few bubbles.

Oh yes forgot to mention, my skimmer was throwing of micro bubbles down there. Why would they be flowing up? Should I be concerned?

Because it will suction bubbles and water in the same ratio that they are seen next to the input. I would see if you can move that to an area with no bubbles (or at least fewer) since over time this will cause your salinity to creep up since you have bubbles in one side and not the other.

They waste water return line is about 12 inches away from the skimmer output. Problem was, my skimmer was going nuts for some strange reason tonight, typically it doesn’t throw off bubbles like this...

If it's a one of and doesn't happen often I wouldn't worry about it then, just keep an eye out for it getting worse and keep an eye on tank salinity whenever you do maintenance.

New User
    Hello there. I have my dos running a constant awc. I'm trying to program my dos to shut off when low water sensor is triggered in the new saltwater bin. I tried using the same code that you used above. If SWLOW OPEN Then OFF. But for some reason that doesn't work for me. It says error when I try to upload the changes to the Apex.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimer View Post
    Hello there. I have my dos running a constant awc. I'm trying to program my dos to shut off when low water sensor is triggered in the new saltwater bin. I tried using the same code that you used above. If SWLOW OPEN Then OFF. But for some reason that doesn't work for me. It says error when I try to upload the changes to the Apex.
    Are you certain the name of the sensor is SWLOW? You can use the System View to locate and identify the sensor name. Please post a screenshot of the actual error message it shows you.