Thread: DDR Disappeared from APex?

Frequent Visitor

DDR Disappeared from APex?

Hey, so after a year of having the optical sensor issues everyone eles has, now my DDR is simply gone. Ive unplugged & "rebooted" the DDR and DOS to no avail. Its simply gone. Of course now that means I get emails constantly about low volume... but where is the hardware?

Have you tried a module firmware update? That could fix it probably.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    I’d love to, but the module doesn’t appear any more. I did update the dos

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Have you tried a module firmware update? That could fix it probably.

Possible its a conflicting module. Try updating your other modules and see if it helps. If not, I would create a support ticket.

New User
    Following. Mine vanished today too.

Quote Originally Posted by techdef View Post
    I’d love to, but the module doesn’t appear any more. I did update the dos
    The DDR itself has no module, it's just a container. The DDR display is generated by the DOS. If your DOS is working fine and the DOS display is present, but the DDR display is nowhere to be found, it suggests that your DOS thinks you don't actually have a DDR attached. The DOS assumes this is the case when it doesn't see the correct inputs on the optical sensor cable. If you know that one or both optical sensors in your DDR are bad, replacing it/them might bring your DDR display back.

Frequent Visitor
    Surely this is too much of a coincidence as one of my DDR units also disappeared from my fusion display today.

I had the DDR Core1 and Core 2 directly under the DOS displaying Core1 and Core 2

As you can see, Gone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    I contacted support and they are having me ship back the DDR. All of my firmware is up to date and the DOS is operating normally.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachula View Post
    I contacted support and they are having me ship back the DDR. All of my firmware is up to date and the DOS is operating normally.
    Thanks for the heads up.

So that’s yet another piece of apex hardware failed. My DDR’s are 2 months old!!!!!!
    Not like they are a cheap bit of kit either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New User
    No problem!

Regular Vistor
    Okay today I had the same issue and this is how I fixed. Went into modules and updated every single one even though it showed they were okay. Once I was done I went into tiles. And presto change-o there it was. Don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dshillen View Post
    Okay today I had the same issue and this is how I fixed. Went into modules and updated every single one even though it showed they were okay. Once I was done I went into tiles. And presto change-o there it was. Don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me.
    I opened a support ticket with Neptune. They advised to try a few things. So my old DDR is on its way back to be replaced by a shiny new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    I also lost DDR 2 days ago and still trying to get it back, updating module did nothing. I feel this is a software issue and not hardware as i have had nothing but issue after issue ever since i updated to 5.03_CA17. The worst was when apex base stops working as though unplugged and not doing anything for 20 hours or more before starting to work again.This has happened several times over the last few months and have now lost a lot of corals due to this ongoing issue. Support tried to tell me it was my internet causing the issue but that does not explain y apex stops doing its thing! Very very frustrating that something so expensive will work fine one day but give u trouble the next!!!

New User
    just an update on DDR, after trying a few things neptune support has issued a RMA number and will replace so i gotta be happy with that. Also new AOS 5.03_2A18 seems to be more stable so for, so good news there also.

New User
    I just got my DDR back yesterday. Although it was within the 1 year warranty period, they made me pay $55.00 because there was clearly a bunch of soda ash caked on the circuit board! Oops. You'd think something like this would be more WATERPROOF!!!

If you fill it all the way to the top, which many people will do if they're trying to get to exactly 2000 ml, the design of the DDR readily allows fluid to track back along the sensor cord to the PCB. Neptune should add a suggestion to the documentation that people not attempt to maximally fill it.

New User
    Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    If you fill it all the way to the top, which many people will do if they're trying to get to exactly 2000 ml, the design of the DDR readily allows fluid to track back along the sensor cord to the PCB. Neptune should add a suggestion to the documentation that people not attempt to maximally fill it.
    Or even better, they could etch or print a maximum fill line right on the side so even people who don't read the manuals and warning stickers (unfortunately the majority of people) would have a hard time making that mistake.

Frequent Visitor

Disconnect it

Have you guys tried disconnecting the DDR from where it is connected and reconnecting it? Mine appeared in the tiles section after doing this.