Thread: Cor 15 - task - no outputs available

NSI Member

Cor 15 - task - no outputs available

Hi - anyone with a Cor 15 running into an issue when you try and add it? It is running has I type this but when I try and add it to the fusion, select tasks, select cor, then 15, and when it goes to step 2, select the output to which the COR was connected, it says "no outputs available". Yet it is running. No idea what I did to get it in this state but it has power, running, I just can't go through and add it via Fusion dash board and calibrate.

Go to the Modules page. Is the COR listed there?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    Hi Russ - no, it isn't. Still reading through all the documents because this is the initial setup. The Apex is new, on the network, and I just added the Cor 15. So I'm sure it is something I did / didn't do. All I see in modules is the energy bar: Energy Bar 832. Nothing else. Also while it is running all I was able to do is turn it off and back on. I can't adjust the speed.

I just unplugged it, powered offed, then reconnected and it is back running. Not sure if there is a reset mode or way to manually reset?

Thanks btw.

If the COR driver is not showing up in the Modules list, then the Apex doesn’t know about it.

Is the Apex running the latest AOS?

Try restarting the Apex while the COR is connected.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    Thanks RussM - I will double check per your suggestion. I don't know what the latest AOS is but will check ( AOS Version 5.03_AB17 is what it shows). Same thing after power off and/or reboot. It doesn't see it. Is there a master reset on the Cor or a way to manually re-register it with the Apex?

NSI Member
    Quick update. Still can't find the task. Rebooted and also powered off/on - same. Now the Apex unit isn't on the network. Swapped out network cables to make sure it wasn't related, no luck. Apex head unit LED is orange but the 4 channels of Variable speed/dimming (0-10v) lights (all of them - 4 total) are flashing. No idea what that means.

Something isn't right. Continuing to look into it.

NSI Member
    Do you have a firmware update waiting? Mine is showing 5.03_CA17 as current.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholb View Post
    Do you have a firmware update waiting? Mine is showing 5.03_CA17 as current.
    I don't recall. Mine listed 5.03_AB17 and flagged it has current. I just downloaded the firmware to see the readme file attached. I'm confused now

************************************************** ******************************
    * Firmware Revision History
    ************************************************** ******************************
    Apex 4.53 8/1/17 Release AB17
    - Support for Cor
    - misc bug fixes

NSI Member
    You are downloading the "classic" firmware for the older Apex. The 2016 model updates differently. Go to the page below in the getting started manual and look in the "Update Apex Operating" section near the top.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getst...reak-advanced/

Also here's the video from the quick start instructions.

https://youtu.be/VsRqOJ_eW3s

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholb View Post
    You are downloading the "classic" firmware for the older Apex. The 2016 model updates differently. Go to the page below in the getting started manual and look in the "Update Apex Operating" section near the top.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getst...reak-advanced/

Also here's the video from the quick start instructions.

https://youtu.be/VsRqOJ_eW3s
    Not sure if that was to me, sorry for the late reply. I didn't actually download or install any firmware. The portal said it was up to date. I ended up calling, then creating a ticket, with Neptune since everything I've done hasn't worked. I've reset, swapped ports, powered off and let sit, you name it. Same thing. Pump runs but can't control the power output or see it in the modules section of the Apex.

Neptune is going to send me a new cable to see if that will work. I'm not sure it will but that was their thought. Will update again after I swap them out.

NSI Member
    Problem has been resolved. Neptune sent a new cable, 2 day, and I received it today. Connected it up, same problem. I replied to the email and within 5 minutes Luis @ Neptune called me and resolved the issue. The problem was related to the local controller missing a link/token to talk to the cloud. Once he connected directly to the Apex it showed up and he knew what the issue was. May have been something I did or didn't do but he got it up and working, explained a couple other issues with me, updated firmware on both items, and we called it the day.

@Neptune support, @Luis, thank you for your time, assistance, and help. Much appreciated.