Thread: Power spike

Regular Vistor

Power spike

Seems I had a crazy series of power spikes over night along with a temperature drop, I'm not sure as to what or why it happened. The problem appears to have solved itself but I don't want to ignore that there is something going on. Any suggestions as what process I should use to determine what that might be?

Capture.PNG

Frequent Visitor
    Maybe one of you pumps locked up then released and caused a locked rotor current spike in ampacity before it released? Just a hypothesis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would contact support on that one. If those amp readings were actually correct, then the circuit breaker in your house would have tripped.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Ya 95A seems a bit high although some older breakers will freeze up and not open like federal pacific type

Quote Originally Posted by Cpage101 View Post
    Ya 95A seems a bit high although some older breakers will freeze up and not open like federal pacific type

Yeah, but there is also a fuse in the apex that would operate if the circuit breaker failed.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav0023 View Post
    Seems I had a crazy series of power spikes over night along with a temperature drop, I'm not sure as to what or why it happened. The problem appears to have solved itself but I don't want to ignore that there is something going on.
    Rapid spikes of extremely high values in the Amps readings from an EB8, EB4, or EB6 is a clear indication that the EnergyBar has no input power. Your profile says you have 3 EB8s, so the electronics in the EB are being powered through Aquabus from one of the another EB, and/or other module which has a separate poser supply (such as a 1LINK module), which is why that EB is still showing a status light and is still communicating with the Apex base unit. See if you can figure out why that particular EB8 lost power for what appears to be roughly 12 hours. Are the EBs on different electrical circuits? Or is everything on one electrical circuit?

I moved this thread moved to the EnergyBars Forum, as this thread is about an EB issue, and not about APEX Fusion. Prior to starting a new thread, persuse the list of available forums on the main page here, then select the one that is most suitable for the topic of your intended new thread.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Rapid spikes of extremely high values in the Amps readings from an EB8, EB4, or EB6 is a clear indication that the EnergyBar has no input power. Your profile says you have 3 EB8s, so the electronics in the EB are being powered through Aquabus from one of the another EB, and/or other module which has a separate poser supply (such as a 1LINK module), which is why that EB is still showing a status light and is still communicating with the Apex base unit. See if you can figure out why that particular EB8 lost power for what appears to be roughly 12 hours. Are the EBs on different electrical circuits? Or is everything on one electrical circuit?

I moved this thread moved to the EnergyBars Forum, as this thread is about an EB issue, and not about APEX Fusion. Prior to starting a new thread, persuse the list of available forums on the main page here, then select the one that is most suitable for the topic of your intended new thread.

This is it! Thanks Russ, I plugged into an outlet that is linked to my overhead lights that run 12hrs on 12hrs off. I had forgotten that it was wired that way, I will re-run the extension cord back to the powerbar before I go home tonight.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav0023 View Post
    This is it! Thanks Russ, I plugged into an outlet that is linked to my overhead lights that run 12hrs on 12hrs off. I had forgotten that it was wired that way, I will re-run the extension cord back to the powerbar before I go home tonight.
    Good stuff. The word extension cord in this hobby make me cringe. LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro