Thread: DOS off Not TBL

NSI Member

DOS off Not TBL

Hey everyone,
    I noticed this morning that one of my DOS units has one side that is displaying OFF instead of TBL
    The log shows that the unit was dosing two days ago, but then stopped. It seems to have dosed a very little this morning. I have turned it off and on in Fusion and back to auto, but it still says OFF. The other the DOS are working just fine. Via the webcam I can see the DOS dosing when it is set to ON in Fusion. The other side of this DOS seems to be dosing just fine. I have changed the program several time to see if that would jump start it, but no go. Here is the current program
    Dos TBL.png
    When I get home I will try unplugging the unit and doing a general inspection (tubing clogged? tubing worn out? Etc), but since I was thinking about it now I thought I would as and see if I am missing something basic or doing something dumb.
    Thanks!

I suspect you may have a conditional statement programmed to shut off the DOS pump under certain conditions, such as high pH.

Go to that DOS output page, then click the magic wand button to change to Basic View. Look at the raw programming. Are there any statements after the tdata line?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    Thanks Russ, you are a golden god.

Damn that silly alk monitor! I had a line to stop dosing kalk if the alk was above 9.5. Thanks!

NSI Member
    Interestingly, with the Alk monitor, it won't let me set an if/then off statement for a 'pH' (the scale/input the alk monitor is using) greater that 10.99

So this is fine
    If ALK_DK > 10.98 then OFF
    But this fails to upload
    If ALK_DK > 11 then OFF
    and generates this response
    "Send Failed

//Error: line 3 - pH must be between 3.90 and 10.99 // If ALK_DK > 11 then OFF"

I am sure they know, but is there a way to tag Terence and Jim Welsh?

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly, with the Alk monitor, it won't let me set an if/then off statement for a 'pH' (the scale/input the alk monitor is using) greater that 10.99

So this is fine
    If ALK_DK > 10.98 then OFF
    But this fails to upload
    If ALK_DK > 11 then OFF
    and generates this response
    "Send Failed

//Error: line 3 - pH must be between 3.90 and 10.99 // If ALK_DK > 11 then OFF"

I am sure they know, but is there a way to tag Terence and Jim Welsh?

Thanks again!

As the error message says, the valid range for an If pH < or If pH > statement is 3.90 - 10.99; you cannot use a pH value in programming > 10.99.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    Right. That might be problematic for future alk dosers, but I am sure they are aware of it. Thanks!