Thread: Fusion disconnect, ATK not working?

New User

Fusion disconnect, ATK not working?

So out of nowhere I’ve had a few disconnects after months of being fine. It seems it will not reconnect with out me unplugging the unit. My main issue I was under the assumption when lost everything will still function as set, it seems my atk also shuts down. Am I doing something wrong?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnaroc9292 View Post
    So out of nowhere I’ve had a few disconnects after months of being fine. It seems it will not reconnect with out me unplugging the unit. My main issue I was under the assumption when lost everything will still function as set, it seems my atk also shuts down. Am I doing something wrong?

I am having the same issue with fusion failing and not reconnecting without me unplugging the unit. Following for help.

Frequent Visitor
    I have the same issue about every 2 weeks
    Miracles in Glass Custom 170 (220G), Building a Obsession Custom Sump, Vectra L1, AI Hydra26's, Geo618, Masterflex pump, Apex

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by steved350 View Post
    I have the same issue about every 2 weeks

I've contacted Neptune support. I also linked them to this forum thread. Hopefully they can point us in the right direction.

New User
    Internet just dropped out again. My phone reconnects, Xbox reconnects and tv reconnects. How is it my apex will not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnaroc9292 View Post
    Internet just dropped out again. My phone reconnects, Xbox reconnects and tv reconnects. How is it my apex will not?
    You could try a static ip or a Mac reservation in your router. Might help.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    When using the tasks to set up the ATK, I noticed that the apex program stated the ATK shuts “OFF” when fusion is disconnected. My question is, is that correct ? All other programming I’ve seen remains in effect when fusion becomes disconnected.

Fusion disconnected on me yesterday while I was away and The ATK being turned off caused a problem which could have become worse. ... the water level dropped below the probes causing the temp probe to think my water temp was to low so it kicked on the heater. Temp was at 79.9 before I caught it. Thats still not bad but I have it set up to come on at 77.8 and off at 78.4. Also I believe if I were away another 8 hrs, the return pump would have been sucking air. Would appreciate anyone thoughts on this

Quote Originally Posted by nfavro View Post
    When using the tasks to set up the ATK, I noticed that the apex program stated the ATK shuts “OFF” when fusion is disconnected. My question is, is that correct ? All other programming I’ve seen remains in effect when fusion becomes disconnected.
    The ATK Task does not say anything about Fusion at all. It says “If the FMM loses communication with the Apex, turn the output OFF.” That does not pertain to Fusion. If you look at the programming generated by the Task, the top line is Fallback OFF.

That means that if the FMM cannot communicate with the Apex for some reason, the ATO will stop operating - this is a safety feature.

You can learn more about Fallback here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...About-FALLBACK

Fallback and Fusion communications (or lack thereof) are not directly related. The only time Fusion will show your Apex as disconnected and modules also go into Fallback is if the Apex “brain” itself is not operating.

If the Apex cannot communicate with the Fusion cloud due to a network or ISP issue, the Apex will just keep running normally. Fallback will not kick in as a result of this because communications between the Apex and modules are completely independent of communications between Apex and the Fusion cloud.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The ATK Task does not say anything about Fusion at all. It says “If the FMM loses communication with the Apex, turn the output OFF.” That does not pertain to Fusion. If you look at the programming generated by the Task, the top line is Fallback OFF.

That means that if the FMM cannot communicate with the Apex for some reason, the ATO will stop operating - this is a safety feature.

You can learn more about Fallback here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...About-FALLBACK

Fallback and Fusion communications (or lack thereof) are not directly related. The only time Fusion will show your Apex as disconnected and modules also go into Fallback is if the Apex “brain” itself is not operating.

If the Apex cannot communicate with the Fusion cloud due to a network or ISP issue, the Apex will just keep running normally. Fallback will not kick in as a result of this because communications between the Apex and modules are completely independent of communications between Apex and the Fusion cloud.
    Thank You, i miss read what it said in task. I guess I was hung up on the apex/fusion disconnect.

So as I understand it, somehow the fmm lost communication with the apex causing the off ... at or about the same time fusion was disconnected. (Power outage ?) strange thing is once I restarted the wifi router, fusion came back on line (without having to reset the apex) and a few moments later the ATK kicked in... just a coincidence ? Or am I missing something?

Thanks again for all your input ! I have a lot to learn

Please more clearly describe what you saw regarding the ATK being off. Was the Dashboard slider for the ATO pump in the Off position, or was it in the AUTO position?

Nothing you’ve said so far indicates to me that the FMM went into Fallback OFF. More likely, the ATO ran too long and was shut off for safety. The answer to the above question will help narrow it down.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Also, when an Apex module goes into Fallback, its status LED will be flashing. Did you see the FMM flashing?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Also, when an Apex module goes into Fallback, its status LED will be flashing. Did you see the FMM flashing?
    Hi Russ, hope you had a good holiday !

I’m sorry, the thought never crossed my mind to check the module to see if the light was blinking or not but I do believe the slide on the ato setting somehow changed from auto to off. My focus was on correcting the temperature and water levels, next time I’ll pay more attention to what’s going on with the modules and and within apex.

I do think this is related though...everything was working fine with the ato until I installed a low level sensor in my top off reservior. I connected it to port four on the fmm and ran the task and everything seemed fine.
    Keeping in mind it was installed just before the above mentioned issue.

Two days ago I noticed the switch for the reservoir sensor was in the open position even though the sensor was in the water. So I removed it from the water and the switch changed to closed a few moments later. This is the complete opposite of what the switches for the ato high and low are doing so I was thinking it maybe a problem with the sensor, so today I changed it out (reservoir low sensor) with a new one.

Correct me if I’m wrong but shouldn’t the switches show “open” when the water level is below the the sensor and “closed” when the water level is on or above the sensor.

Something else, just this morning... the high level sensor on the ato changed from open to closed, some time during the night, even though the low sensor is showing open because the water level is below it. (It’s not upside down lol) both sensors are out of the water so both sound be showing open. The pump doesn’t come on because the reservoir switch is closed as well as the high level sensor on the ato.

I unplugged the fmm as well as all the ports and waited approx 5 minutes before reconnecting. I verified all the port connections are corrected and seated properly.

Port 1 is the low sensor on ato
    Port 2 is the high sensor on ato
    Port 3 is a flow monitor
    Port 4 is the low sensor in the reservoir

The light went from flashing green ( from being disconnected) to solid green then I reran the tasks for the atk setup and the low level sensor in reservoir and made sure firmware showed ok.

Nothing changed...

Currently - water level is above sensor in the reservoir but switch is showing open
    - water lever is below both sensors in the sump but the low level sensor is showing open (which is correct) and the high level sensor is showing closed

I understand the pump will not run because the low level sensor in reservoir is open and high level sensor is closed. Tasks automatically sets that programming

I can’t figure it out
    Attached Images Attached Images