Thread: Getting MP10 and battery backup to shutoff ONLY during Feed Mode

New User

Question Getting MP10 and battery backup to shutoff ONLY during Feed Mode

I recently added an Ecotech Battery backup to my system. I currently have my MP10 set to turn off during feed modes, but now that I've added the battery backup, the MP10 will no longer turn off because the battery backup kicks in and keeps it running.

I'd like the battery backup to kick on and keep the MP10 operating in the event of a power failure, but I do not want the battery backup to kick on and keep the Vortech operating during Feed modes.

The power supply for the battery backup is connected directly to the wall. The power supply for my Vortech MP10 is connected to the EB8.

The code for the MP10 is as follows:

Vortech_3_8
    Control Type: Advanced
    1| Fallback ON
    2| Set ON
    3| If FeedA 010 Then OFF
    4| If FeedC 010 Then OFF
    5| If FeedD 030 Then OFF
    6| If Outlet v-feed = ON Then OFF
    7| Defer 005:00 Then ON

The virtual outlet for the MP10 is Vortech_4_1, but all that controls is the daily schedule for pump modes and speeds. "Outlet v-feed" is the virtual outlet for the Neptune AFS I use when I'm away front the house for a few days.

Is there anyway I can modify the code to make it work as desired?

Please pardon me if this has been answered elsewhere, but my search has revealed little a very small number of topics related to this but no example code. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Do not turn off power to the Vortech power supply. It does not even need to be plugged into an EB outlet. Control the Vortech fully through the output created when you paired the pump driver to your WXM (which is not a virtual outlet BTW; it is a Vortech Output).

Plug the power supply in somewhere else, like a power strip or wall outlet and put that EB outlet to better use. If you want to continue using the EB8 outlet for the Vortech power supply, program it simply to be always on:

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Put all other programming, like your If Feed statements in the Vortech output program.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks for the reply. The part I’m clueless about is how to program the WXM module. Currently, all I have there is the daily schedule for pump mode, time, and intensity. I don’t see anything in there where I can add the feed mode code?

Quote Originally Posted by Hundreadproof View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The part I’m clueless about is how to program the WXM module. Currently, all I have there is the daily schedule for pump mode, time, and intensity. I don’t see anything in there where I can add the feed mode code?
    Click the gear icon and then go to the advanced tab.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    then go to the advanced tab.
    aka 'Basic View', at the upper left of the page, to toggle out of the graphical Wizard.

New User
    That's what I needed. Thank you so much!!!

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Do not turn off power to the Vortech power supply. It does not even need to be plugged into an EB outlet. Control the Vortech fully through the output created when you paired the pump driver to your WXM (which is not a virtual outlet BTW; it is a Vortech Output).

Plug the power supply in somewhere else, like a power strip or wall outlet and put that EB outlet to better use. If you want to continue using the EB8 outlet for the Vortech power supply, program it simply to be always on:

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Put all other programming, like your If Feed statements in the Vortech output program.
    I don’t have the mp10s plugged into the Apex.

I have fallback off selected in the basic tab and just have my feedA code in the advance tab. Does it still read the fallback off in the basic tap since I have feedA in the advance tab? Or will I have to add fallback off in the advance tab?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk