Thread: ATK Flow seems way too slow

Regular Vistor

ATK Flow seems way too slow

Is it normal for the ATK flow coming out of the level to basically be dripping. I ended up pulling the tube out of the elbow and its not restricted at all so that must mean the float level switch is restricting it. Its making a 10 minute difference.

Check for clogs in the antisiphon break and make sure your float is properly adjusted. If you push down on the float when at normal level and it comes put faster it's not adjusted properly.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattray View Post
    Is it normal for the ATK flow coming out of the level to basically be dripping. I ended up pulling the tube out of the elbow and its not restricted at all so that must mean the float level switch is restricting it. Its making a 10 minute difference.
    Zombie hit the nail on the head for one thing to look at.

To set the float correctly straighten it out so that it is straight with arm holds the float. You will hear loud licks while moving it like this. Once it is strait, move it to the down position for 4 clicks.

Another reason it could be slow is you have pushed the feed hose too far into the connector holding the sensors. Since the hose is orange you can see it through the white plastic elbow. Loosen the locking nut and pull the hose back until it is just past the threads, no farther. Then tighten the nut.

These 2 setup tips really made mine work a lot better.

Sadly I have an intermittent sensor in the low position and have to RMA it once I find my invoice. I have a case already open and ready to go once I find it.

Hopefully this helps you!

Rax,

Regular Vistor
    I am posting a video because I dont think its right and if it is than I will need to find a different solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_IFFwQkjI

Frequent Visitor
    How long does it take to fill that chamber?

Is that the return chamber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    No its the heating chamber and it can run for about 10-20 minutes, my old ato would run for like 10 seconds. If I remove it from the elbow then its a steady stream and only takes seconds.

Frequent Visitor
    You can drop your Min time so it fills more often.

How big is that chamber? Shouldn’t take 10-20 mins. How long is your when time?

You have logging turned on?

Regular Vistor
    Im just wondering if everyone's flow is like that, just a messy trickle, I can decrease the time and make it more manageable but I was expecting a steady stream for it to turn on than a few seconds later off. My min time is 10 with a 60 minute, so I know its at least running 10 minutes every hour which is excess. Log mode was off, its on now.

Frequent Visitor
    It will be running for less than 10 mins. If it ran for 10 or more you will be getting alarms all the time.

Decrease the Min time and see how long it actually takes.

How does the ATK taking longer to fill affect the tank?

If you remove the elbow and the flow changes a lot, then you don't have your float set properly or you jammed the tubing in the fitting too far.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    1. Well my tank is in my living room, so when it runs its loud as crap because the pump sits on the bottom of the ato and is not secure also. I guess my mentality is the quicker it fills it back up the less energy I use, less stress on the pmup.

When I take the elbow out I just see a little pin hole where the water flows from the the elbow thru the hole, than out the float. Is it supposed to be that small.

Regular Vistor
    My flow is similar, darn near identical, to yours, as @Zombie mentioned, make sure your not too far into the elbow at the out put. I had it all the way down past the threads and had way less flow.

The flow is also restricted by that back flow preventer ( I believe that's what it is called ). That's the little joiner that spews water when the ATK is actively moving water. As I understand it this prevents tank water from flowing back to your RO reservoir.

If you remove that back flow device you will get a heck of a lot more flow, but is not part of the design.

I use a PMUP for water changes currently and without that preventer thing, these guys can move a decent amount of water fairly quickly.

*Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regular Vistor
    Alright, ill mess with it a bit, I might adjust it to run more often for less time. Thanks for all the help guys.