Thread: So confused with ATK

Frequent Visitor

So confused with ATK

Long story short... I renamed a couple switches that I plan on using down the line but didn’t code them or anything(I was bored). Somehow I wake up this morning and my ATO Pump code had them implemented. One for a waste collection in the Skimmer and one for when my ATO chamber is low.. I don’t even have sensors setup for those yet so that’s why I’m confused.... anyways I changed it back to the ATO settings but now it doesn’t seem to be working properly... the switch for ATK_Lo is almost always open when it’s clearly not and even at that... the pump isn’t pumping water into my sump... I’m so confused!! ☹️☹️☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post your ATK code.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    ATK code:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-Hi CLOSED Then OFF
    If Output SlowStartATK = ON Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 090:00 Then OFF

ATO pump code:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

Other then the SlowStartATK code, I didn’t change anything.. this is how it was programmed from when I configured the FMM

Does it turn on when you do manual ON? Why do you show two codes?

Frequent Visitor
    Yes it turns on... I’m guessing there’s 2 codes bc the power for the FMM is plugged into the EB832 and the pump is plugged into the ACC port on the FMM... like I said this is how it showed up after I configured it.. couldn’t I essentially just delete the code for the ATO pump and keep the ATK code??

Frequent Visitor
    • Why do you have separate code for the ATK and ATO pump?
    • What is the SlowStartATK supposed to do? we need to see the code for that, since it could be messing everything up. (I'd try taking that line out of the ATK program to see if it fixes your problem.
    • The FMM will sometimes get confused as to what's plugged in. Double check to make sure that the mode for the input ports on the FMM is set properly:
      • Go to Modules -> FMM ->Configuration Action: Configure;
      • If the auto detect boxes are checked, uncheck them, then use the dropdown boxes to select the proper sensor type for each port.

• The code has a 90 minute lockout, so that could explain why the pump isn't running when the ATO_Lo switch is open.
    • You can double check the function of your optical sensors by submerging them in water to see if they open/close as expected. (keep in mind that the fusion web page has a delay when updating. You can log into the Apex Local server to eliminate that.)

Your eb code for the power supply should be either

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Or

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    • Why do you have separate code for the ATK and ATO pump?
    • What is the SlowStartATK supposed to do? we need to see the code for that, since it could be messing everything up. (I'd try taking that line out of the ATK program to see if it fixes your problem.
    • The FMM will sometimes get confused as to what's plugged in. Double check to make sure that the mode for the input ports on the FMM is set properly:
      • Go to Modules -> FMM ->Configuration Action: Configure;
      • If the auto detect boxes are checked, uncheck them, then use the dropdown boxes to select the proper sensor type for each port.

• The code has a 90 minute lockout, so that could explain why the pump isn't running when the ATO_Lo switch is open.
    • You can double check the function of your optical sensors by submerging them in water to see if they open/close as expected. (keep in mind that the fusion web page has a delay when updating. You can log into the Apex Local server to eliminate that.)
    Read reason for 2 codes above...

the SlowStartATK is a virtual outlet to delay the ATK after the return pump comes back on for water changes. Zombie made the code for me.

I unchecked the boxes for auto detect to optimal sensors.

I changed it back to a 60min lockout.

Right now it says the low sensor is open which it’s not.. it’s not fully submerged but there’s water touching the sensor.. I have my ATK set to Auto and my ATO pump set to ON

Frequent Visitor
    And even tho the sensor is saying it’s Open... it’s not pumping water so I’m assuming that’s from the lockout time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sobo's Reef View Post
    And even tho the sensor is saying it’s Open... it’s not pumping water so I’m assuming that’s from the lockout time?

Yep. Gotta wait 90 minutes.

Frequent Visitor
    Where is the water line supposed to be in order to open the sensor? Is the point on the sensor the line that it refills to?

Frequent Visitor
    if you have it mounted horizontally it's right at the tip of the pyramid.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with having the FMM power supply plugged into the EB832, but it ends up wasting an 'expensive' outlet. You can free up that outlet and just plug the power supply into the wall. If you have an open DC24 outlet in your EB832, you can plug the PMUP directly into that and eliminate the FMM power supply completely, too, but let's get your ATO code working first. If you leave it plugged into the 832 outlet, use zombie's code.

Next time it's off when you think it should be on, go through the code step by step and check what the inputs are:

• Is the ATO_Lo sensor open?
    • Is the ATO-HI sensor open?
    • Is the Virtual outlet SlowStartATK off?
    • is the outlet in the 'Auto' position (i.e. it didn't get shut off because the ATO ran too long)
    • Check the log to see if it's been >90 minutes since the last time it was on