Thread: Please help!!!! Apex has gone crazy!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Please help!!!! Apex has gone crazy!!!!

Please assist ASAP. I was away today and notice some very strange things from my Fusion phone app. And see the same when I returned home. All of my outlets shown in Fusion are now renamed to equipment I don't even have casing a my doing pumps to run non stop and and my ATO outlet stuck on dumping water all over the floor!!! My PH sky rocketed as it dumped a gallon of Alk in my tank that's only 25 gallons! My display screen is blank and I cannot control anything! I've tried unplugging power, modules, and display and nothing is working correctly. My display is still blank and the unknown outlets still show in Fusion.

Please advise what I should do! Thanks!!!

Sounds like bad corruption to me. Update your firmware.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    My display module is completely blank but will try it.

Frequent Visitor
    I just tried updating firmware and nothing changed. I do now have a visible display module but it is completely dim and I can just make out the items on the display. I'm again at a loss.

I'm sure the Apex is corrupt but what can I do???

Start by going to the classic dashboard and updating module firmwares for everything. Then go through all of your code and make sure you only used alphanumeric underscore or dash in outlet names. If it's still wigging out, get a support ticket so they can do diagnostics remotely.

Frequent Visitor
    All module firmwares updated via Classic dashboard and still the same issues. I've submitted a support ticket.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoje00 View Post
    I just tried updating firmware and nothing changed. I do now have a visible display module but it is completely dim and I can just make out the items on the display. I'm again at a loss.

I'm sure the Apex is corrupt but what can I do???
    Reach out to tech Neptune apex support they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While you wait for a response, try unplugging every module then plug them back in one at a time to see if there is one module in particular that is causing the problem. Will help to reduce troubleshooting time later.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks but I've tried that too and still the problem persists. I've gone through and reprogrammed the most important outlets such as return pump, heater, vortechs, and lights but I don't remember my dosing or ATO programs. This is just a mess an really worries me as I travel a lot for work - which I why I got the Apex system in the first place! My corals are already looking really bad!!! I truly hope that Neptune support can find my old outlet programming and figure how/why this happened and fin a way to prevent it from happening again.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoje00 View Post
    Thanks but I've tried that too and still the problem persists. I've gone through and reprogrammed the most important outlets such as return pump, heater, vortechs, and lights but I don't remember my dosing or ATO programs. This is just a mess an really worries me as I travel a lot for work - which I why I got the Apex system in the first place! My corals are already looking really bad!!! I truly hope that Neptune support can find my old outlet programming and figure how/why this happened and fin a way to prevent it from happening again.
    You should always save a backup copy of your program in case this happens. It saved my butt once she doing a firmware update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frequent Visitor
    Do you just save your program statements individually to a Word doc?

Frequent Visitor
    Do you just save each individual program statement to a word doc or similar? Lesson learned, but for as much as these systems cost, it's just crazy to me what's happened here. The cost of damage to my reef tank system negates the amount of money I've spent to obtain what I thought was peace of mind.

You can create a configuration backup in the classic dashboard and you could also use word too as a backup.