Thread: Waveline Wavepuck shorting out apex.

Waveline Wavepuck shorting out apex.

Hey guys,

I have 2 waveline wavepucks and I am setting them up to my new apex. When I plug the first one in to the VS port I get full functionality. When I plug the second one in it seems to short the apex and nothing works until I unplug the ethernet cable from the VS port. I tried new cables and I even tried the cable that works for the first one. Either way, that one wave puck controller seems to be responsible. I am a very new apex user so I may be missing something. I sent an email to Waveline customer support to have the controller replaced but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Any ideas?

James

If I understand correct, it is shorting out with that particular wavepuck regardless of which Ethernet cable you use or which port it's connected to? If so then you took the correct path contacting waveline as a replacement puck is the only solution.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thats what I was worried you'd say. Yes, regardless of the port and with a few different cords it all results in a short. Frustrating!

Frequent Visitor
    A little off the subject, where can i find a cable to interface with the Apex? Is it just a cat5 cable?

Short answer is no, it’s not supposed to be an Ethernet cable. After talking with the manufacturer about my issue we determined that I was missing cables that were supposed to be included in the Waveline box. From what I understand they look just like Ethernet cables but have different pins activated. When I was plugging in standard Ethernet I was shorting out the Apex. They’re sending me new cables and hopefully that resolves the probelm!

Frequent Visitor
    Do you have info to purchase the proper cable? I need one

New User
    I just got my first Apex, do I need to buy a module to connect the Waveline wave pucks? I have the Wifi version the orange and grey
    thank you

In the Wavepuck box you should have gotten a white cord that looks similar to a Ethernet cable. That cable goes from the Variable Speed port on the apex and then into the Wavepuck controller.

2 side notes:

I didn’t get the white cord in my box and I had to contact Coralvue for a replacement.

Second, I ultimately got frustrated and replaced my Wavepucks with Vortechs because they kept failing and I had them replaced twice under warranty. Waveline has now discontinued this product so I imagine less and less support will be coming from Waveline. If you need any other help just let me know. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James

New User
    I just contacted Waveline and they said I need to have the cables made by someone, don't even know where to go for that
    they just sent me the cable mapping