Thread: Local access.

Regular Vistor

Local access.

I upgraded from the apex classic to the 2016. I have a static IP, since I greatly preferred the local access screen than the fusion one. The charts were much easier to read, and the layout was much more open and pleasing to the eye. The new apex local screen looks identical to fusion, except for a few colors, such as the bar at the top. Does the 2016 not have the old, better, local access type screen?

APEX Local in the newest Apex replaced the old Classic Dashboard.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Darn. I liked the old dashboard a lot better. The small, white on orange graphs are much harder on the eye, not to mention much harder to resize and customize.

Frequent Visitor
    Hopping on this thread. Here is my situation:

I still am having issues with connecting to the apex locally due the the Default gateway being reset on the Apex. It assumes it's 192.168.1.1 and my router is 192.168.254.254. Without having the display, I don't know how to update the default gateway IP on the apex to my router's value. How can I update the Apex value for default gateway if I don't have a display and I can't get to the Apex through fusion or locally?

Put your PC or Mac on the same network as your Apex. You can do this by setting a static ip in the same network as what you think your Apex is in ie 192.168.1.X. Next download the appropriate Apex Browse Utilities Tool using the following links -

Windows
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...xBrowse_pc.zip

Mac
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...Browse_mac.zip

Run the tool, it will scan your network for the Apex, I believe you can change the IP using this tool. If not it will display its IP address and you can then connect to the local interface and change the Gateway. Then set your PC or Mac back to its previous network settings.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by alexatho View Post
    Put your PC or Mac on the same network as your Apex. You can do this by setting a static ip in the same network as what you think your Apex is in ie 192.168.1.X. Next download the appropriate Apex Browse Utilities Tool using the following links -

Windows

Mac

Run the tool, it will scan your network for the Apex, I believe you can change the IP using this tool. If not it will display its IP address and you can then connect to the local interface and change the Gateway. Then set your PC or Mac back to its previous network settings.
    Not quite sure how to add a static IP, my router is running DHCP on the .254 network. Can I just change the range to use .168.1.1?

The problem seems to be the Apex is super squirrelly with the gateway resetting all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexatho View Post

Windows

Mac

I have the tool downloaded already, just not sure about adding a static IP.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, I just changed my router ip to .1.1, reboooted and installed the Apex. It's back online for now and hopefully changing the router IP to 192.168.x.x will keep it up.

Do you know why your router was at 254.254? That is a strange setup for a router/gateway.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    Do you know why your router was at 254.254? That is a strange setup for a router/gateway.
    I do not, it was setup out of the box that way. Maybe the standard network that Frontier uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    Some companies do this to try and trick hackers.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    It has dropped again and I can't get to it through fusion or locally. No idea what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

I've seen it used like that before but I think this is the first time I've heard of being done for home in an ISP's provided router. Interesting that of all addresses they choose the lowest priority address for the highest priority device.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

Quite how they think that will trick any hacker is beyond me lol.