Thread: Apex Controller disconnects repeatedly

Apex Controller disconnects repeatedly

I have an Apex Controller (Classic - purchased in 2014) setup with Modules PM2, VDM on 2 EB8.

REV. 4.53 - AB17
    Build #1
    Serial 39783

The Apex Controller disconnects repeatedly. It's connected through AT&T Uverse outlet unit. The Apex Controller disconnected before I did the last firmware update (not as often). Since Apex firmware update, it freezes more and is extremely unreliable.

I refresh (login/off) Apex Fusion on mobile phone and computer. Plus, I unplug ethernet cable, unplug USB from the display/EB8 and power off/on the entire system, and have run a 50' cable to the router. Sometimes that will bring the Apex Controller back online or I wait and wait. I am getting more and more frustrated!

Does anyone have some suggests to fix? What firmware should my Apex Classic Controller have installed?

May be it is worth leaving the 50' cable to the router as a permit connection.

Your Apex Controller is as good as your internet service.
    HORTON

The freezing problem is probably your bootloader. Update that from the display by navigating to system -> bootloader update -> press center button.

For random reboots contact support. That firmware version made a lot of existing issues surface as reboots and support knows how to fix a lot of those problems.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.