Thread: Atk problems

Regular Vistor

Atk problems

I set my atk up through fusion. For some reason when I put it in auto after awhile it kicks it off......should it be set to on?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx15_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx15_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

TIA

No. It should be set to AUTO. The reason it has kicked to manual OFF is that for some reason your pump ran for more than 5 minutes and it locked it OFF as a failsafe (that's what the when statement does). You need to figure out why the pump is running so long. Could be your float is incorrectly positioned, could be optical sensors configured for auto-detect instead of optical and it bugging out, could be a kink in the tubing or tubing jammed to far into the fittings, or it could be that you have a large sump and it needs more time.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Zombie, how can you determine is your optical sensors are configured to auto detect? My ATK is working but alarming me out of my mind. I used the set up guide and defaults.
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx5_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlet67 View Post
    Zombie, how can you determine is your optical sensors are configured to auto detect?
    Go to Modules -> FMM -> select the 'Configure' option under action, uncheck the 'use auto detection' box for each of the ports and make sure the port type is set correctly. Make sure to upload your settings when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Castlet67 View Post
    My ATK is working but alarming me out of my mind. I used the set up guide and defaults.
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx5_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    What is the alarm log saying and what is alarming? If the alarm is firing for something that is transiently on then kicks off right away again, you can put a Defer 000:10 statement in the alarm programming that will keep it from notifying you unless the condition is present for 10 seconds.

New User
    Alarms are every 20 minutes or so. Example below.
    Apex Fusion Alarm: apex / Date: 2018-02-11 03:41:23 -0500
    Statement: If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then ON

Apex Fusion Alarm: apex / Date: 2018-02-11 04:00:05 -0500
    Statement: If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then ON
    Apex Fusion Alarm: apex / Date: 2018-02-11 04:00:07 -0500
    Statement: Set OFF
    Apex Fusion Alarm: apex / Date: 2018-02-11 04:05:31 -0500
    Statement: Set OFF

Those alarms indicate high sump water level.

Where is the water level in relation to the upper optical sensor?

Does the water level in the sump fluctuate more than a few millimeters?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Looks like the Swx5_2 switch turned on for a couple seconds, then turned off. The isolated "Status: OFF" statement at 04:05:31 is probably because something turned on and then turned off right away before it got logged. Try putting the defer statement in your alarm code.

The secondary question is why it's doing this? Can you tell if the water level is actually fluctuating? My upper optical sensor was transiently switching on like that, now lately it's been getting stuck on, so I think it may just be an early sign of sensor failure.

New User
    Thanks sleepy, the water level looks fine, ive had some flukes lately with the atk over filling as if the lower sensor failed. Once i removed the atk from the apex and reinstalled the setup,it started working again. As a stand alone,i dont have a problem. The apex is about 2 weeks old,and was getting a little concerned about a faulty unit. I replaced the optical sensor which didnt make a difference. Once reinstalled, it seems to be working fine with alarm annoyance. I will try the defer statement.

Frequent Visitor
    Did you install the anti-siphon break?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Yes,the syphon break is installed and working properly. I had an issue 3 days ago when this all started i forgot to mention. After a couple of weeks being hooked up to the apex, i came home and found both optical sensors submerged, and the float stopping the fill. The pump continued to run. I re- installled the atk and did a reboot, which stopped the buggy issues, but many alarms. Now the alarms are gone and everything seems to be ok. Everything is mounted away from water. It just seems buggy. I did add more defer time today. We will see how it goes