Thread: ABU Module missing & ORP readings no longer showing

New User

ABU Module missing & ORP readings no longer showing

Hi.

When I look under data log, no data is present for ORP. The probe is plugged in to my ABU and has worked until I reset the whole system (by mistake) this morning. When I look under the module list, ABU is not present but I am still able to access Apex, carry out programming and switch on and off outlets. If I enable the ORP probe (still named ORP from before the reset, and not ORPx4 or whatever the default name is), it stays at 384, which I believe is the last reading it took before I reset the system.

How can I force Apex to rediscover the ABU and so reinstate ORP please?

There is no module called ABU. If you mean Apex base unit, it is not a module and will not appear in the modules listing.

The ORP probe port in an Apex base itself will not have a name of ORPx#; it will simply be named ORP by default.

What exactly do you mean by “reset” the Apex? Did you simply restart it, or Initialize it to factory defaults?

Is there a probe connected to the pH2/ORP port and that probe is currently in your tank or sump?

Do a basic test of the pH2/ORP port. Disconnect the ORP probe if one is currently connected. Use a bent-open paperclip or piece of wire to short the center part of the probe port jack to the outer part. Wait a couple of minutes then check the ORP reading. It should drop to zero or close to zero.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Hi Russ.

Thanks for replying!

I was looking around on the AquaController web page this morning when I came across "Power Monitor enable" and "Power log reset". I enabled both and pressed update misc settings, when all hell broke loose. Everything went off, lots of clicking could be heard (outlets) and then one of the two Radion came back on and not much else. When I looked, all settings and programming had gone and ORP was missing completely. I found it, re-enabled it, but it doesn't move t all currently. The pH probe plugged in along side it is reading and fluctuating but ORP sits at a constant 378.

I have an EB6 and, for the record, I know EB6 doesn't have power monitoring available, hence my inquisitiveness when I saw it as an option.

Power monitoring means the apex uses the 12V aux supply to detect power when using the If Power Apex command. If you are not using a UPS on your energy bar with the aux supply to the base unit plugged into the wall that should be disabled.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Power monitoring means the apex uses the 12V aux supply to detect power when using the If Power Apex command. If you are not using a UPS on your energy bar with the aux supply to the base unit plugged into the wall that should be disabled.
    Yeah, I was probably confusing it with the abilities of the new Apex unit that can monitor actual power consumption, which is what I was more interested in.

Anyway, ORP seems to have righted itself overnight and is again writing to graph. Just need to rewrite all my programming for the outlets again...I must learn to back things up before playing!