Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameras

Frequent Visitor

Cameras

What is the recommended camera or cameras for our tanks?
    Either works with fusion or not....just looking for some kind of camera I can view the DT and sump when I am away.

Following this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Me too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New User
    Following like a shadow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I just got one of these. Picture is great! The app and desktop app work good. I haven't got it to work with Fusion yet, but I will. If not, no big deal, I can view my tank and sump thru the app.
    It will pan and tilt but doesn't zoom. But you can pinch and zoom in the app and it very clear. Set up was a snap.
    https://www.amazon.com/REOLINK-Indoo...reolink+c1+pro

Frequent Visitor
    Does the TNC reef cam work with apex?

Ashley..
    Aqua oak tanks 4'x2'x2' & 5'x2'x2' both freshwater set up on apex Neptune systems.
    Mortgage & Protection Adviser Full Time, Peace 🏼️

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    I just got one of these. Picture is great! The app and desktop app work good. I haven't got it to work with Fusion yet, but I will. If not, no big deal, I can view my tank and sump thru the app.
    It will pan and tilt but doesn't zoom. But you can pinch and zoom in the app and it very clear. Set up was a snap.
    https://www.amazon.com/REOLINK-Indoo...reolink+c1+pro
    Awesome as I'm thinking about putting a couple of these in (one in the cabinet, the other in front of the tank.

New User
    Member 1 did you get your reolink working on your dashboard? I picked up a couple of these and am having trouble getting live feed to the dashboard.

Frequent Visitor
    No, not yet. To be honest, I haven't tried again since my initial attempt. I was hoping someone was able to and post how they did it here.
    It's not a deal breaker for me if it's not on my dashboard. The app is so easy to use, I just use that. Plus using the app the video is larger
    and smoother.

New User
    Im doing the same thing. Brs did a vid on a speaker for ulm tanks,the right kind of lazy, and had it working. My son is an IT tech. If he walks me through it, i will post a tuturial for the relink cam

Frequent Visitor
    I saw that video, that's how I found out about this webcam.
    I had another brand of webcam working on the dashboard, so I don't think it's an IT issue.
    I believe it's more to do with the video format.
    I can log into the camera using a web browser, I have port forwarding set up,
    just can't get the video to play.

New User
    Ah ok. I havnt gotten that far.

I have two of these Amcrest PTZ IP cameras working with Apex Fusion. The trick that makes it doable without too much misery is that, with this camera, in addition to the 1080p HD output channel, it also outputs a MJPEG channel at 640x480. Getting Fusion to accept this stream is not too difficult, as it turns out. However note that it is low resolution, and also of slightly distorted dimensions since it's taking that same 1920x1080 image but broadcasting it as 640x480. Here's what it looks like.

Clipboard01b.jpg

To use this, you have to read the fine manual, and adjust the camera's network settings manually. (There are very good network adjustment controls, for a camera of this type.) Be sure that the substream is enabled and set to MJPEG under Setup->Camera->Video. Also change your camera's HTTP port to a large number, something like 9222 or 15000 (and remember it) under Setup->Network->Connection. Set the device to a static internal IP address. In your router, port forward anything coming in to the port you chose to the same one at that internal IP address. (Make sure your camera has a decent password.) You should also subscribe to a DDNS service (many are free), and get yourself a permanent IP address like [myname.ddnsprovider.me], if you don't already have one you can use, so that links to your camera won't break when your external numerical ip address changes.

Once you've got the camera and ddns set up, you can add this entry to the media tile in Fusion:

Type: Image / Motion JPEG

URL: http://[camera username]:[camera password]@[myname.ddnsprovider.me]:[incoming cam port number]/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

If anyone buys one of these cameras and gets stuck setting it up, I can provide more specifics as needed.

Hoff
    I've been considering one of these:
    Titathink TT522PW-PRO

It would be fun to place it in the tank. I've seen mixed reviews of the Reef-cam.

Placing that in tank is a bad idea. IP67 is only "waterproof" for limited time periods in freshwater. Only IP68 with a saltwater identifier are safe to place in tank continuously. You could get away with quick underwater vids if you keep it short and rinse off with freshwater afterwards.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Hoff
    Ah - thanks for that. I have a freshwater set-up, but sounds like continuous use there would still not be a great idea.

I have been very successful with D-Link 936l's. Cams are 720p which is fine... I made a lengthy post about setup. You can get them Refurbed on Amazon for like 45 bucks.. I run 3 on my tank in fusion.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...h-Instructions

New User
    Hi rkpetersen

I try to connect my WebCam (Amcrest UltraHD 2K), I have a problem with the video that is not seen.

This is the configuration.
    WebCam1.jpg
    WebCam2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi.

From the top.

1. I have the 'Level' set to 'Manage'. (Although 'View' may work as well.)

2. 'Type' should be 'Image / Motion JPEG'.

3. The last phrase of the URL for my camera is not what you have there; after 'mjpg/', it is 'video.cgi?&subtype=1'. Of course yours might be different as I see you have the 2K version, but I would try that first.

4. If you're getting a request for username and password, it means that your current browser isn't accepting the embedded data in the URL. Some browsers will parse the data and send it, some won't; sorry I can't advise you as to which is which. In fact the older version of Firefox that I generally use doesn't, but it does have auto password fill and return so it fills out that popup instantly.

5. Another thing about passwords: Keep in mind that this data can be seen by others. You don't want someone else taking control of your camera and panning it around looking where it shouldn't. Instead of using your admin username and password, you should consider going to the camera setup pages and creating a view-only camera signin with its own password, and use that in the Fusion Media tile URL instead.

If you still can't get an image in Fusion after following these steps, please review my previous post again and let me know if I can give more detail on anything else.

Frequent Visitor
    has anyone tried these

https://www.wyzecam.com

for $20 what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by imfsub12 View Post
    has anyone tried these

https://www.wyzecam.com

for $20 what do you think
    They will not work; the WyzeCam is a cloud camera, and requires their iOS or Android app; you cannot even access the video using Windows or Mac
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

They won't work in the fusion tile, but for only 20 bucks they might still be worthwhile. I prefer using cameras native apps anyway to get a nice fullscreen on a second tab and use pan tilt zoom features on camera that have those.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    They will not work; the WyzeCam is a cloud camera, and requires their iOS or Android app; you cannot even access the video using Windows or Mac
    I emailed the company and they said the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    They won't work in the fusion tile, but for only 20 bucks they might still be worthwhile. I prefer using cameras native apps anyway to get a nice fullscreen on a second tab and use pan tilt zoom features on camera that have those.

what do you use

Quote Originally Posted by demetrioffr View Post
    what do you use

I have a dlink 5020-L but I just got a new tank, so I will probably also get a little camera (haven't decided which yet) that I can mount in the under cabinet to view my sump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast