Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameras

FWIW, I attached several of these cams to the ceilings of my equipment and sump compartments. They don't integrate with Apex and they do require an app or desktop computer web browser, but they're cheap, compact, easy to set up, and the app works well.

Another thing some might want to consider when purchasing surveillance cams. Up to 40% of the surveillance cams in the US are made by a single Chinese manufacturer, and sold under many brands. This manufacturer is partially owned by the Chinese government, and all of cameras have a secret backdoor that will allow full remote control. I'd just as soon not have any of these cams in my house.

https://ipvm.com/reports/hik-oems-dir

New User
    Has anyone tried any of these spycams on amazon? I like the idea of hiding the guts away and having a minimally invasive camera mounted on the side.
    This one here is incredibly small and cheap but i do not believe it will work an ip camera for fusion.

www.amazon.com/dp/B077H3XRNM

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    I've been considering one of these:
    Titathink TT522PW-PRO

It would be fun to place it in the tank. I've seen mixed reviews of the Reef-cam.

New User
    Ordered the above and can confirm it will work with fusion. Quality is meh though

Frequent Visitor
    I would like to find an unltaHD camera that has been tested. So many of the newer cameras are cloud based and are no good.

New User
    Will the Amazon Cloud Cam work well with Fusion?

Regular Vistor
    This camera for sure works with the fusion tile? Going on vacation in a few weeks and want to get a camera up and running. The
    dlink 5020-L
    anyway.

New User
    Following. I’m surprised Neptune or other similar manufacturers haven’t made a PTZ for the tank conditions. Don’t they know we like to spend $?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyTLi View Post
    Will the Amazon Cloud Cam work well with Fusion?
    I have not been able to get it to work at all with fusion. It does not have any local streaming capability that I've been able to find.

New User
    Have we heard from Neptune yet? I would guess they used something​ to QA their software. I mean they have the ability so it was obviously tested. Can you recommend a camera Neptune?

Quote Originally Posted by FishOrMen View Post
    Have we heard from Neptune yet? I would guess they used something​ to QA their software. I mean they have the ability so it was obviously tested. Can you recommend a camera Neptune?
    The video tile will work with any camera that has a direct URL stream and provides mjpeg. Almost all Dlink and Foscam work. A lot of cameras nowadays only work on the manufacturers app so those won't work. Your best bet is to either get a Dlink or Foscam or call the customer support line for the camera you are interested in and ask if they have support for embedding direct URL with mjpeg protocol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    If you use the URL for the camera OUTSIDE of your house, does it come up? NOT using their app but in a browser window.

Frequent Visitor
    I had this working for a long time.. My camera quit. I am in the middle of setting up a new camera.
    It is my understanding that browsers no longer support passing usernames and passwords inside the URL.
    The only option then becomes to open view only up to the world.

Any idea if Neptune has anything in the works to automatically try and use the Fusion user credentials to view cameras. Or to allow input of credentials in the setup.... Not part of the URL

Neptune needs to make a camera make all this easier

Quote Originally Posted by dentnshell View Post
    I had this working for a long time.. My camera quit. I am in the middle of setting up a new camera.
    It is my understanding that browsers no longer support passing usernames and passwords inside the URL.
    The only option then becomes to open view only up to the world.

Any idea if Neptune has anything in the works to automatically try and use the Fusion user credentials to view cameras. Or to allow input of credentials in the setup.... Not part of the URL
    The current version of Firefox does pass the username/password data through, and continues to work well with my Amcrest cam that outputs MJPEG (in addition to the HD or UHD stream).

Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    If you use the URL for the camera OUTSIDE of your house, does it come up? NOT using their app but in a browser window.
    Yes, if you have port forwarding set up for your cam, and have subscribed to a DDNS service like No-IP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12