Thread: Finnex hmo 300 heaters

Regular Vistor

Finnex hmo 300 heaters

I need a little bit of help.. I have 2 finnex hmo 300 w heaters.I have them connected on the EB832 on outlets 7/8, first is it ok to keep 1 heater on outlet 8?

So here is the issue. here is my apex heaters:

Heater_main:

Fallback ON
    If Tmp < 78.3 Then ON
    If Tmp > 78.9 Then OFF

Heater_backup:

Fallback ON
    If Tmp < 78.2 Then ON
    If Tmp > 79.1 Then OFF

the heater's controller is reading 81 degrees. if it gets too cold out of i forget to leave my house main heat on tank's temp drops to 76.5-77.2 degrees. Do I need to raise the controller's temp to maybe 82 degrees? I am confused as to why the heaters are not coming on when it is less than 78.3 ??

Outlet number doesn't matter for eb832. They are all the same. It's EB8s and EB4s that have different rated outlets.

Did you check the outlet states in fusion or did you just assume they weren't on because of the temperature? It could very well be that your heaters just aren't powerful enough when you turn your house heat off to maintain that large of a temp difference from ambient.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Outlet number doesn't matter for eb832. They are all the same. It's EB8s and EB4s that have different rated outlets.

Did you check the outlet states in fusion or did you just assume they weren't on because of the temperature? It could very well be that your heaters just aren't powerful enough when you turn your house heat off to maintain that large of a temp difference from ambient.

Thanks Zombie.. I thought on the eb832 was the same thing. I am using 2 300 watts heaters for a 100 gallon tnak. I am pretty sure they are powerful enough. I have the finnex within +- 2 degrees. I will test it for a few days and see how it goes.

The thermal equilibrium for that size heater is about 20 degrees above ambient at 600W assuming it's not covered and standard dimensions.