Thread: How to fix corrupted Apex.local?

New User

How to fix corrupted Apex.local?

Guys,

I seem to have corrupted data on my Apex (2016) head unit.

Had a near-miss disaster yesterday. Some failure happened in the middle of the night, and heaters were locked "on" via the Apex control. High temp alarm worked, but Apex didn't shut off heaters. Sump temp was over 100 degrees by the time I got there, but thankfully everything else (including the return pump) shut off. My display didn't get baked, and everything's OK with the livestock.

In the process of troubleshooting, I discovered that the Apex head unit's programming had corrupted data. Variables were missing. Device names were missing. My display unit's screen would choke when trying to navigate menus. This may have been a factor in the slow boil of my tank. Apex wouldn't connect with the network via ethernet or wifi, so I couldn't even get to Fusion.

I performed a factory reset, then spent half a day reprogramming via Apex Fusion. Now I've got all my modules functional again, but Apex.local is still whacked out. (See attached image.)

apex_local.png

Apex.local looks like a web page without styling. No included images, CSS, or formatting, so the entire page is pretty much useless. I'm thinking that this is further evidence that the firmware somehow got corrupted.

Is there a way to restore a fresh copy of the head unit firmware and start over? I'm afraid that I'm in for another failure with corrupted data since I can't properly use Apex.local. Living on borrowed time...

Thanks in advance!

Put in a ticket. Support can force a reload of the same firmware and also help troubleshoot what got corrupted and maybe why.

NSI Member
    Probably not it, but did you try clearing your browser cache? Sometime that clears up the local Apex display.

New User
    Krazie4Acans: Already done. I’m in the queue, so I’ll see what they can do.

nicholb: Also done. Tried it with all three browsers on my machine and from different machines. I still think that something got corrupted in the firmware. Hopefully a forced reinstall will fix.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!