Thread: HELP: 2 parts dosing using BRS

Regular Vistor

HELP: 2 parts dosing using BRS

Hello,
    I'm new to 2 parts dosing and I have a newbie questions regarding how to properly dosing these 2 parts.
    I have a 80 net gallons and running neptune DOS with BRS 2 parts

Calcium - I tested it with API test kit at 16 drops to get 320, How much volume do I need to dose to bring my tank up to 450?
    Alkalinity - Tested with API test kit at 13 drop to get to yellow color. I have no idea what is my tank alk and I need help to bring my alk up to par

Any helps would be greatly appreciated

Edit - below post misinterpreted OP. This advice was for BRS dosing pumps.

You need to use the calculator for whatever additive you are using and add that MANUALLY to get you levels where you want them. The amount you dose should be calculated by first getting your levels where you want them, Then stop any additions for a week to determine your weekly usage (and convert to daily). Then use the reeftronics OSC calculator to generate the code to provide that weekly amount.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Zoobie
    I will add the addictive manually and will shut it down for a week or 2 and monitoring for any drop. From there I will apply the daily dose based on the reeftronics calculater

Reeftronics' Apex Dosing Program Generator must *NOT* be used for programming the Neptune DŌS. Also, OSC statements should never be used directly in DOS programming.

After you've determined the daily amount of additive needed, enter that daily amount in the Apex Fusion wizard as shown in the Additive Dosing section of the Get Started Guide for the DŌS (https://www.neptunesystems.com/getst.../dos-additive/)
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Reeftronics' Apex Dosing Program Generator must *NOT* be used for programming the Neptune DŌS. Also, OSC statements should never be used directly in DOS programming.

After you've determined the daily amount of additive needed, enter that daily amount in the Apex Fusion wizard as shown in the Additive Dosing section of the Get Started Guide for the DŌS (https://www.neptunesystems.com/getst.../dos-additive/)
    I misread his post and thought I saw BRS dosing pumps. It was BRS 2 part that the title referred to.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.