Thread: Double Alert

Regular Vistor

Double Alert

I’ve been getting double alerts for one alert. I read in a previous post that I believe @RussM mentioned was adding
    Defer and min time to the EmailAlm to fix a similar problem.
    Sw2top is my fail safe top float if the water levels are too high in my sump.

(EmailAlm)

Set OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Min Time 000:10 Then ON
    If Sw2Top CLOSED Then ON

When I closed the sw2top to send alarm. This is what I got attached picture. And get for all of my alarms. Is this normal or can I get rid of the second alarm? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Min Time command is telling the outlet to stay ON for at least 10 seconds regardless of other conditions. I dont use Fusion, but suspect that is what is causing the issue.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The Min Time command is telling the outlet to stay ON for at least 10 seconds regardless of other conditions. I dont use Fusion, but suspect that is what is causing the issue.
    I removed both the min and defer one at a time and it’s still doing it.

No sure why your Defer only command doesn't work. Here is what I have. If my SumpHi float is OPEN for less than 5 seconds, no alert is given. As soon as 5 seconds hits, the alert goes out.

Set OFF
    If Leaks CLOSED Then ON
    If SumpHi OPEN Then ON
    If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
    If SkimHi OPEN Then ON
    If Error Wav_Left Then ON
    If Error Wav_Right Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 001 Then ON
    If FeedA 001 Then OFF
    If FeedB 001 Then OFF
    If FeedC 001 Then OFF
    If FeedD 001 Then OFF
    Defer 000:05 Then ON
    Last edited by rlbannon; 02-14-2018 at 14:48. Reason: I said it backwards!

The Status OFF / Set OFF notification is sent when a previously-active alarm condition clears. You cannot get rid of it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Status OFF / Set OFF notification is sent when a previously-active alarm condition clears. You cannot get rid of it.
    Should I keep the defer and min lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Iansu View Post
    Should I keep the defer and min lines?

The defer, yes. The min time isn't really helpful but a defer then OFF can be in its place.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The min time isn't really helpful but a defer then OFF can be in its place.
    The suggested brief (10s) Min Time xxx Then ON is helpful, in that it ensures that the alarm output is on for at least 10 seconds even if the triggering condition lasts less than that period; if the alarm is on longer than 10 seconds due to an If statement being true, then the Min Time duration has elapsed and it does nothing. Using a Defer xxx Then OFF is less suitable than Min Time in this case because a Defer xxx Then OFF will needlessly delay the alarm from turning off regardless of how long the triggering condition was true. The difference between the two may be subtle in some cases, but there are definitely cases where one is more appropriate and suitable then the other; this is one case where Min Time is preferred.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The suggested brief (10s) Min Time xxx Then ON is helpful, in that it ensures that the alarm output is on for at least 10 seconds even if the triggering condition lasts less than that period; if the alarm is on longer than 10 seconds due to an If statement being true, then the Min Time duration has elapsed and it does nothing. Using a Defer xxx Then OFF is less suitable than Min Time in this case because a Defer xxx Then OFF will needlessly delay the alarm from turning off regardless of how long the triggering condition was true. The difference between the two may be subtle in some cases, but there are definitely cases where one is more appropriate and suitable then the other; this is one case where Min Time is preferred.
    I disagree. The reason being is that min time then ON only helps one potential condition: a noise spike or ligitimate alarm that persists for between 10 and 20 seconds. Defer then OFF helps that problem but also has the benefit of alarm "ride through" so that a quick spike down when an alarm has been high for a while but some noise spike, wave, etc would otherwise turn it off, the alarm will instead stay high and not give you an incorrect set OFF statement only to return back in alarm a second later. There is zero downside to an alarm showing that it turned off 10 seconds later than actual just like there isn't one for starting the alarm 10 seconds late. When you program it for those conditions, you already know to shift the timings by that length for troubleshooting.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the help