Thread: Fitting and rigid tubing for DIY dosing containers

Control Freak In Training

Fitting and rigid tubing for DIY dosing containers

I am getting ready to start dosing the ATI essentials system with 2 DOS units. I am using the 10 liter mix size, so I will have to have rather large dosing containers. I am looking for a bulkhead I can put through the lig for the container, and then some rigid tubing to put in the other side of the bulkhead to the bottom of the container. Has anyone found something that works for this?

You want something along the lines of this.

https://www.marinedepot.com/JG_1_4_i...MaAniXEALw_wcB

The hard part is getting an acrylic tube that seals well on the bottom. They are pretty cheap, so I would just get a few different ones and maybe get some in PVC and some in acrylic to see what seals best.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Parker-Hannifin makes high quality push-fit fittings, and they are higher quality than many other brands; the P-H LIQUIfit fittings are my go-to choice for push-fit fittings. And the couplings, tees, and such are sleeker and better looking than the cheapo white poly ones at the big home improvement chain stores US Plastics carries them in the US.

1/4" Bulkhead: https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...5157&catid=915

If you have a nearby plastics shop, they may have 1/4" OD acrylic tubing. You could also just use a suitable length of polyethylene RO tubing
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Parker-Hannifin makes high quality push-fit fittings, and they are higher quality than many other brands; the P-H LIQUIfit fittings are my go-to choice for push-fit fittings. And the couplings, tees, and such are sleeker and better looking than the cheapo white poly ones at the big home improvement chain stores US Plastics carries them in the US.

1/4" Bulkhead: https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...5157&catid=915

If you have a nearby plastics shop, they may have 1/4" OD acrylic tubing. You could also just use a suitable length of polyethylene RO tubing
    We manufacture machinery for Parker so I bet I could get a few samples so I don't actually need 6mm to seal on the Neptune tubing??

6mm and 1/4” are very close. I’ve used 6mm tubing in 1/4” fittings and 1/4” tubing in 6mm fittings without any issues. YMMV.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    6mm and 1/4” are very close. I’ve used 6mm tubing in 1/4” fittings and 1/4” tubing in 6mm fittings without any issues. YMMV.
    Understood, all of my experience involves pressure with these types of fittings and plastic hose. Wasn't sure if vacuum would be significantly different.