Thread: Audible Alarm

Regular Vistor

Audible Alarm

An audible alarm has been attached to a 24V outlet on one of my FFM Modules. My goal for the alarm is for it to sound during the night if there is a problem but not during the day. At this time the alarm is programed to activate if there is a power outage or water leak. It seemed to work fine when testing until I added the Time statement to only allow the alarm to sound at night. I had a leak during the night on my system and the alarm didn't sound. Can anyone locate the error in my programing?

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 8.44.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 8.44.23 AM.png

VirFloAlmOff has no condition that would turn it ON. It is not used by AudibleAlarm, so I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.

VirAdbAlrm code is not provided, but if it is OFF it will disable AudibleAlarm. I assume you are using the OSC to pulse the alarm, but since it generates both ON and OFF states, the two prior commands are meaningless.

Regular Vistor
    My apologies, I included the wrong virtual outlet. VirFloAlmOff is for something else.

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 3.35.50 PM.png

Ok, so like I said:

Set OFF
    If Output VirAdbAlrm = ON Then ON

commands are not needed. The OSC command will pulse the alarm unless something overrides it and shuts it OFF. Otherwise, I dont see any issues. Just for consistency, I would put the If Time override in the VirAdbAlrm VO. I would guess that your leak sensor failed in some way. Did you look through the logs to see if VirAdbAlrm was ON during the time of the leak?

This should work:

[VirAdbAlrm]
    Set OFF
    If LeakEx CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakIn Closed Then ON
    If SumpLo Open Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON

Note the absence of a Fallback statement above. Fallback is not available in virtual outputs, so do not use one.

[AudibleAlarm]
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 0/0:01/0:05 Then ON
    If Output VirAdbAlrm = OFF Then OFF
    If Time 06:00 to 21:59 Then OFF

OSC has hard ON & OFF states, so do not use a Set or any If statements above an OSC statement; they will never do anything.

I can't tell what you are trying to do in the VirFloAlmOff output program, but If GPM111 < 0 Then OFF is not valid. A flow reading cannot be less than zero, so this statement will never be TRUE. If you want to test for a 0 flow value, Use If GPM11 < 1 Then OFF instead. And as someone else pointed out, this output has nothing to ever turn it ON. Maybe this should be If GPM11 < 1 Then ON???
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Ok, so like I said:

Set OFF
    If Output VirAdbAlrm = ON Then ON

commands are not needed. The OSC command will pulse the alarm unless something overrides it and shuts it OFF. Otherwise, I dont see any issues. Just for consistency, I would put the If Time override in the VirAdbAlrm VO. I would guess that your leak sensor failed in some way. Did you look through the logs to see if VirAdbAlrm was ON during the time of the leak?
    Thank you for your input. Leak sensor worked by shutting everything down. Log did not show virtual alarm was triggered. Have made changes, just need to test and see if it is now working.

Regular Vistor
    Have made the changes. Just need to test and see if everything is working properly.

The VirFloAlmOff is used so I do not get an Email Alarm every time the pumps shut off for a feeding or maintenance. It ties into the Email Alarm:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.08.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.08.46 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This should work:

[VirAdbAlrm]
    Set OFF
    If LeakEx CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakIn Closed Then ON
    If SumpLo Open Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON

Note the absence of a Fallback statement above. Fallback is not available in virtual outputs, so do not use one.

[AudibleAlarm]
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 0/0:01/0:05 Then ON
    If Output VirAdbAlrm = OFF Then OFF
    If Time 06:00 to 21:59 Then OFF

OSC has hard ON & OFF states, so do not use a Set or any If statements above an OSC statement; they will never do anything.

I can't tell what you are trying to do in the VirFloAlmOff output program, but If GPM111 < 0 Then OFF is not valid. A flow reading cannot be less than zero, so this statement will never be TRUE. If you want to test for a 0 flow value, Use If GPM11 < 1 Then OFF instead. And as someone else pointed out, this output has nothing to ever turn it ON. Maybe this should be If GPM11 < 1 Then ON???

Regular Vistor
    All is working fine. The final key to the puzzle was keeping the 24v outlet on during a power shut down. Thank you for your help.