Thread: FMK identification and reporting seems off

New User

FMK identification and reporting seems off

I just installed the FMK and am seeing some odd behavior in Fusion. I installed the two 1/2" sensors on my split return line and the 1" sensor on my full siphon drain line. One of the return lines is slightly further from the split, maybe 3", so I expect a slight offset there.

The first issue I have is that the inputs in Fusion list all three of the sensors as 1" sensors. Does Fusion not have the ability to determine the actual size of the sensor?

The second issue is that the 1" sensor doesn't seem like it can be right. One of the 1/2" sensors is showing ~660 gph, one of the 1/2" sensors is showing ~710 gph, and the 1" drain sensor is showing ~210 gph. There's no way I am pumping 1370 gph in and 210 gph out. My best guess is that the 710 is actually the 1" drain. However, I traced the cables multiple times and the 1" matches to the port that is showing 210 gph.

Since Fusion shows them all as 1" sensors, I have no way to determine if the inputs on the FMM are crossed. How can I troubleshoot this?

Apex 2016
    AOS 5.03_2A18
    FMM is on software 12 and no updates are avail.

Thank you in advance!

The FMM can determine that a flow sensor is plugged in, but can not determine the size. You need to configure that. See the FMK Get Started videos; watch the one for your model of Apex.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/fmk/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Ugh, thanks Russ. Configuring to 1/2" greatly reduced the reported flow and now all my numbers match up, so both problems are solved. Time to bang my head on the table. Thanks again!