Thread: Have issues with the Apex ato system

Regular Vistor

Have issues with the Apex ato system

I don't know what's cuaseing it it seems to be a software issue but maybe I messed up on the code.

Every couple of days the 2nd sensor gets stuck in the closed position make it think my ato is full and it won't top off water any more so the sump drops low and i manually have to turn it back on to get it to start working again.

All firmware is up to date and I have checked everything else including resetting the Apex only thing I can think of is maybe it's a code or a software bug.

This is my code:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx5_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Swx5_3 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 000:30 Then OFF
    Defer 000:20 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF
    If Output Return_O2 = OFF Then OFF
    If FeedA 007 Then OFF
    If FeedB 017 Then OFF
    If FeedC 027 Then OFF
    If FeedD 002 Then OFF

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Male sure the opticals are set to optical and not auto-detect, that the connectors are pushed all the way in, and that they are clean.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Male sure the opticals are set to optical and not auto-detect, that the connectors are pushed all the way in, and that they are clean.

How do I set them? and I checked the connection and made sure they are clean.

Thanks for the response

Frequent Visitor
    Go to modules and select your Fluid Monitoring Module. Select configure from the action dropdown. From there you can set your sensors.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    Go to modules and select your Fluid Monitoring Module. Select configure from the action dropdown. From there you can set your sensors.
    I'm running the classic apex do I have to do that from the display/non fusion web interface because I don't see anywhere in the fusion menus to do it

Quote Originally Posted by steventaylor702 View Post
    I'm running the classic apex do I have to do that from the display/non fusion web interface because I don't see anywhere in the fusion menus to do it

Yes. It's in the classic dashboard. The how to video explains exactly where to go.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yes. It's in the classic dashboard. The how to video explains exactly where to go.

All the sensors are set up to optical and went and changed the to optical again just to make sure it wasn't a error there. Thanks for the info I'll wait it out for a week and see if it happens again.

New User
    Oops, I just realized my issue isn’t the same. From the sounds of it the OPs issue is that the sensor says closed when it’s acually open. Sorry about that.

I have the same issue. I am running the Apex 2016. Every once in a while (frequency changes) the low sensor will show open but the PMUP won't turn on. I manually turn the ATK module on then immediately switch it back to auto and it stays on until the low sensor closes. Then it will work fine for a while before doing this again. My return compartment is very small, less than half a gallon, so the low sensor will become open several times a day and a slight volume change in the overflow can cause the switch to open/close unexpectedly. My suspicion is that this is happening within 60 minutes of the pump turning off and my min statement may be causing the issue. But I haven't paid attention to this before manually turning it on, so I can't confirm.

I am going to enable logging on my ATK so the next time it happens I can check how long it's been since the PMUP last turned off. If you have a small return compartment, or one that is prone to frequent level changes, this could explain your issue as well. I also configured both my sensors as optical, from auto, per Zombie's suggestion and the last time it didn't turn on was after I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by clownfish4 View Post
    Every once in a while (frequency changes) the low sensor will show open but the PMUP won't turn on. I manually turn the ATK module on then immediately switch it back to auto and it stays on until the low sensor closes. Then it will work fine for a while before doing this again.
    If your ATk is turning itself to off, it usually means that you are sometimes exceeding whatever time your When On statement is set to, which generates an error condition requiring a manual reset. You can fix this by decreasing the Min Time, increasing the When On time, or both.

Regular Vistor
    After all that I'm still having the problem

Frequent Visitor
    Next time it happens, open up the apex dashboard and see what Apex thinks the sensors say. If the Swx5_2 sensor says ‘closed’ and the water level is clearly below it, make sure the sensor is clean and that there is not a drop of water hanging onto it. (Also make sure it’s either pointing up or to the side, not down.)

If those are all the case, you may have a fault sensor.