Thread: Second Ph probe

Regular Vistor

Second Ph probe

How can I view the second PH probe? I installed one for my new calcium reactor calibrated it. Removed ORP probe but I cant view the second probe on fusion.

Frequent Visitor
    2nd one through a PM1 module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You need to switch the ORP/pH2 port to pH mode. Using the Classic Dashboard (not APEX Fusion), go to Configuration->Probe/Input Setup. Select pH2, then enable it. This will also automatically disable ORP. Wait a minute or two; then go into APEX Fusion and you should see pH2 in the hidden tiles area.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Yes I did all the steps you mention but its not showing up in the hidden fusion tile area when I click on the unlock button.

Quote Originally Posted by acolaojr View Post
    Yes I did all the steps you mention but its not showing up in the hidden fusion tile area when I click on the unlock button.
    You should have included this important detail in your first post.

In Fusion, go to the Apex List then back to your Apex. Or do a shift-F5 to force refresh the Dashboard page.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    That did the trick thank you for your help.

Frequent Visitor
    Experts,

I just switched my apex 2016 orp probe to ph2, so I can monitor the ph inside my geo 618.

An hour later it shows on the fusion homescreen, that ph2 is flat at 0.75. How long does it take to start measuring?

Am I supposed to do something else?

Frequent Visitor
    You cannot use the ORP probe as a pH probe. You switched the port from ORP to pH. Now you need to get another pH probe for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    You cannot use the ORP probe as a pH probe. You switched the port from ORP to pH. Now you need to get another pH probe for it.

Please elaborate. What should I have done? And why do I now need another ph probe? Currently ph1 is still in my display and I didnt mess with it.

All i did was physically relocate the orp probe from my sump into the top of my geo 618 carx. Then enabled ph2 on he dashboard.

Frequent Visitor
    The ORP probe is for measuring ORP only.

pH probe is for pH.

The port is capable of connecting to an ORP or pH probe, but the probes themselves are completely different. ORP generates a voltage based on the oxidation level of the tank and pH generates a voltage based on the amount of H+ or OH- in solution. You need a pH probe.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    God I'm dumb haha.

Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    The ORP probe is for measuring ORP only.

pH probe is for pH.

Make sure you get a double junction lab grade probe as well or repurpose the lab grade probe from your tank for the calcium reactor and use a standard grade for your tank. A probe that stays accurate over time is incredibly important for a calcium reactor.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Make sure you get a double junction lab grade probe as well or repurpose the lab grade probe from your tank for the calcium reactor and use a standard grade for your tank. A probe that stays accurate over time is incredibly important for a calcium reactor.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just ordered the lab grade BRS one for 34.99, so i guess ill just use that for my DT going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Makers Marc View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

I just ordered the lab grade BRS one for 34.99, so i guess ill just use that for my DT going forward.
    Good call. In the future, I would only buy double junction probes. They hold their calibration about 3 times better/longer and they also last 2-3 times longer. They cost more upfront but are well worth it in the long run.

Frequent Visitor
    Is there a tell tale sign when one of these probe stops working, besides using anither one to test?
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Good call. In the future, I would only buy double junction probes. They hold their calibration about 3 times better/longer and they also last 2-3 times longer. They cost more upfront but are well worth it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Makers Marc View Post
    Is there a tell tale sign when one of these probe stops working, besides using anither one to test?
    You can tell based on how much it drifts before and after calibrations. Calibrate once a month and if the pH has drifted more than 0.1 pH for 3 months in a row or more than 0.2 pH two months in a row, then it's time to replace. Standard grade usually last a little over a year. Double junction usually last 3 years.