Thread: Aquatic Life Halo question

New User

Aquatic Life Halo question

Hello,

I picked up a pair of Halo basics for use with my Apex. I've done some searching and haven't found a lot of information about them. Given what seems to be a strong similarity to the Kessil 360 would Kessil programming for the Halo's be a good starting point? From what I understand the Kessil' s have an issue below 14% when controlled by the Apex whereas the Halo's do not seem to have an issue so I assume modification of the programming would be required. Is my thinking sound on this?

I'm hoping they will also work for night mode but if not I will look into the Neptune solution for that.

Thanks,

Tom

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Aquatic Life Halo question

The Halo Deluxe models are quite a bit different than the ApexReady Kessil models. Those Kessils have two channels of 0-10v Control; one is for spectrum, the other for intensity.

The Halo Deluxe is quite a bit different - while there are still two channels, each channel controls the intensity for different sets of LEDs. For the Marine & Reef Halo, blues and whites are separately controlled.

Halos dim nicely down to 1 or 2% IIRC.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Halo Deluxe models are quite a bit different that the ApexReady Kessil models. Those Kessils have two channels of 0-10v Control; one is for spectrum, the other for intensity.

The Halo Deluxe is quite a bit different - while there are still two channels, each channel controls the intensity for different sets of LEDs. For the Marine & Reef Halo, blues and whites are separately controlled.

Halos dim nicely down to 1 or 2% IIRC.
    Hello Russ,

Thank you for the response! Does it matter that I didn't get a deluxe? I was under the impression, perhaps mistaken, that if I was using an Apex to control the lights I would only need the basic units without the integrated controller.

As for the way the channels work, thank you for letting me know. Hopefully I can figure out how to get them setup for 24/7 operation. This is my first saltwater tank and the freshwater side of the hobby is somewhat different. Although I am thinking about getting an Apex for my freshwater tank, I just wish that there were more freshwater aligned options for the Apex such as ammonia or nitrate monitoring.

Thanks again for the response!

Tom

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Yes, you can use the Basic as well with an Apex; not sure why I typed Deluxe - not enough morning coffee probably.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.