Thread: HELP ALL EB8 and 832 and modules flashing

Frequent Visitor

HELP ALL EB8 and 832 and modules flashing

Hi - I am hoping someone can help me. I have (2) EB832 and (3) EB8's on my system. My main unit is lit up orange and I can access my fusion. ALL of my EB8's and 832s are flashing an error - but I have power to them - as a few outlets still have power??? It shows I have a voltage error? But it does not make sense as there have been no changes to my system and it works off of 2 breakers so my load is split between breakers.

I am getting power from SOME of the outlets - my return pump is on and a light is on - the rest is not. Makes no sense.

I have unplugged the main unit and also tried shutting breakers off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor
    Main unit is Orange. Eb832 flashes error yet 3 outlets are on (thank god)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I have put my Return pumps on a standalone outlet for now. My wave makers are on a back up. I unplugged and shut down everything else - hope that will help reset it - and no the buttons are not popped on the back - plus if they were I would not have random outlets on.

Frequent Visitor
    That didnt work. Got a ticket in - but any ideas is appreciated. This stinks.

Frequent Visitor
    So an update....

After putting a ticket in I was contacted by customer service to help trouble shoot the issue. My system basically needed to be "unhooked" and then modual by modual brought back on line. When I disconnected all 6 power bars (2 x EB832 and 4x EB8's) the main EB832 came back on line. I then one by one had to rehook them to the system. By process of elimination and one hour there abouts on the phone we identified the issue to being a port went bad on my PM1.

Thankfully I was home when this happened and I am writing my results so anyone else that has this issue can start the process of elimination to help get you back online.

I would like to think down the road there are some "failsafes" that will help us when something goes bad that won't bring down our entire systems.

During the 3 hours it was down I had extension cords everywhere and was a very stressful time.

Frequent Visitor
    So I woke up this morning to the entire system down again. This is not good. I Unplugged everything from the main EB832 and that came back online. Daisy chained to my next Eb832 and that came online. Got the "main" components running but half the system is still down. No heartbeat warning - no text - no email - the main unit still was solid Orange and every other component and power module was flashing.

Regular Vistor
    Kinda sucks you going through this reefinny. Hope mine works once I receive it.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks. Still having issues. Just replaced some aquabus cables as well.

What a nightmare. I am sorry your system isn't working right. Stuff like this is unbelievably stressful.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    What a nightmare. I am sorry your system isn't working right. Stuff like this is unbelievably stressful.
    Thanks. So support told me I had a bad pm-1, I bought a new one it happened again. So I replaced the main aquabus cable that runs from the EB832 to my EB8 that controls the pm-1, dosing pumps. Calcium reactor, skimmer and some other accessories and it happened again.

So I have a spare EB8 so I swapped it out. And it happened again.

I switched the remaining aquabus cables and it happened again.

So now I'm down to two dosing pumps. I honestly do not want to spend the money on more checks and balances to figure out what the issue is.

It's unfortunate they cannot troubleshoot it to tell me what the issue really is. So far I've spent over $200 chasing the issue.

The really bad part is I get no notifications when it happens so last night in the middle of the night when half of my system shutdown I had no knowledge until I woke up to find nothing working. Skimmer off, calc reactor off, dosing pumps off, return pump to my 93 off, wav pumps off, ato off. Apex was flashing like Christmas lights.

I've actually taken my return pump off of my Apex as well as my mp 40s until I can figure this out so I don't completely crash my system.

I have three tanks hooked up to the system. I don't understand how things just go bad when it goes from working for over a year then to issues like this.

Nothing changed no additions or anything. I have at least been able to narrow it down to one section of my Apex system.

Frequent Visitor
    A little update. So I got a call from Neptune today to help trouble shoot this again. They were very helpful and we were able to set some alarms through the EB832 so I will know if this happens again. we did about an hour of troubleshooting and of course was having no issues and everything was working fine.

About 2 hours or so after the call it happened again. So I left it off and called back and was able to get them back on for some further testing. at this point we think it is isolated to a Dosing pump, not sure if it is the pump, an aquabus cable to the pump or just not the issue but when we would plug it in he could see an error.

I have the dosing pump disconnected for tonight (I have to manually dose - I think I forgot how to do that LOL) and will reconvene in the morning to see if there were an other issues.

At least we are closer to the root cause.

Regular Vistor
    Hopefully what you are going through will help them figure out how to not have one bad module COMPLETELY hose your entire system. I have read this happening to other and guess what, it has happened to me as well. I had a bad PM2 module on my old classic and it would completely shutdown everything.

Frequent Visitor
    So here is where I am at. I am 99% sure the culprit is my DOS. I had it disconnected for the last 28 hours an no issues. I switched over my AUX DOS that I was using for Kalk at night as I get bad PH swings (sump room is in basement) I had the old standalone pump that I used before I picked up the DOS so just hooked that back up. So when I hooked the DOS up to replace the bad one and plugged it in, had no issues. So I would say that is most likely what the root cause was. Why or how it went bad - no idea. So I have an extra PM1 now, which is not the end of the world as I had plans on setting up a stand alone tank. Thanks to support for getting back involved and helping trouble shoot. Now to see if the DOS can be fixed.

Frequent Visitor
    So turns out it was the dosing pump. Have not had any issues since. Neptune was able to fix it for $90.