Thread: ATK not working on auto anymore.

New User

ATK not working on auto anymore.

I have ATK linked to my Apex programmed with all the defaults from the Tasks setup.

Fallback OFFSet OFF
    If Swx3_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

It does not not seem to work on auto. If i turn it ON via desktop or mobile app; pmup works.
    Ive had this setup for 3 weeks maybe. I can no longer trust it, i get home from work and i have to manually turn it ON to raise the water level.
    I think it worked when i first set it up but that was a while back.

Below is a screenshot of the switches when the water level was below all sensors. im sure this is part of the problem. its not seeing its open sometimes.
    There has also been times that both switches are open and the pump didn't "auto" turn ON. The water level was so low, im sure its not from the hour cool down.
    Ive unplugged the FMM to reset it which was said to clear the program to rule out if a 60:00 timer was running.
    ATK_noauto.png

/vent (disregard)
    Getting super frustrated with these products. Just got back into the hobby from a 10 year hiatus. Was excited to see products that would do everything we've always wanted. Bought all product brand new at full price just to have my salinity/conductivity sensor never been able to calibrate. 2 tires with purchasing new calibration solution; has never worked. Now a $200 ATO that doesn't work after being boasted the most reliable. I Also have a DOS which i have no hooked up because im scared to use it with all my other issues.

Based on the code and the switch statuses shown, it should be OFF. The Min Time will keep it OFF for at least an hour before allowing it to turn back ON. It looks to me either the sensors are faulty or possibly fouled. To troubleshoot you could delete the MIN Time command as it inserts a big delay.

New User
    Thanks for the reply
    I guess I'll try physically flipping the optical sensors in the unit to see if it changes. Still think there is a issue with either the Apex or the FMM because the pump is still not getting a signal to turn ON when I've seen both sensors showing open and my water level was several inches low. My tank does not evap that much in 60 mins.

If you suspect the outlet is not operating correctly, first copy and preserve the current code. Then delete it all from the outlet and try the following:

OSC 000:00\000:10\000:10 Then ON

This will cycle the outlet ON/OFF for 10 seconds at a time. If that works, then I would suspect either the sensors, or the Min Time is excessive.

New User
    Still not working consistantly. Now im a bit scared because it listed both switches are "Open" which is the worst position to be stuck in. Im not sure what the odds of both sensors being bad this early on. Luckily its not running so that leads me to believe the FMM is bad when it comes to running programs. Still the pump works fine with manually turning it on from the app. Light is green on the FMM unit. I also switched the sensor ports and reprogrammed to use sw 3 and 4 thinking 1 and 2 might be bad on the board.
    Is there anything in the programming when it would override the sensor position being displayed? Im am at a loss beside condemning the unit as a whole.
    Any other checks i could do?

Thanks

New User
    Sorry @Todd i did try the code you listed, forgot to add that to my last reply. It turned on the pump but it ran for a lot longer then 10 seconds. It started at the low sensor and i manually turned it off after running long enough to reach the 2nd sensor.

Because it seems like the unit wasn't working correctly outlined above... Green light on and both sensors being listed as Open and the pump not running. I pushed the small reset button next to the aquabus port and held it till it started flashing an orange light.
    Both sensors now reading correctly. Crossing my fingers it stay working and just needed a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by skot View Post
    Still not working consistantly. Now im a bit scared because it listed both switches are "Open" which is the worst position to be stuck in. Im not sure what the odds of both sensors being bad this early on. Luckily its not running so that leads me to believe the FMM is bad when it comes to running programs. Still the pump works fine with manually turning it on from the app. Light is green on the FMM unit. I also switched the sensor ports and reprogrammed to use sw 3 and 4 thinking 1 and 2 might be bad on the board.
    Is there anything in the programming when it would override the sensor position being displayed? Im am at a loss beside condemning the unit as a whole.
    Any other checks i could do?

Thanks
    Make sure the module firmware is updated and the sensors are set to optical and not auto-detect. Those two could also cause incorrect sensor readings.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Great to know! thank you.
    Where would i be able to find how the senors are currently set?

New User
    I found it in teh Modules > Fluid Monitoring Module > Action (on the right) > Configure, for anyone else wondering where it is.
    They were both set to Auto-detect. Thank you Zombie! Im not sure why an ATK FMM would be shipped with that default programming. Alos i did not see that sensor change mentioned in the setup or instructions.
    Hopefully that fixes my issues.

Regular Vistor
    Hi Skot just FYI I had the same problem yesterday and today. Here is what happened. On Sunday I did a WC and turned off my return pump and ATO. In my haste I turned the return pump back on but for got to turn in the ATO. Came home Monday to find the sump was low and realized I hadn't tuned the ATO back on (or it somehow went from Auto to the OFF position, I'm going to blame myself.) anyways I set it back to auto and the ATO it would not come on, but I could work the pump manually. I then noticed there was a Apex Fusion update (Great.) So i updated Apex Fusion and tried again with no such luck. So I had one of two options throw it against the wall and see if that would fix it or go back to square one of the installation process. So I started from scratch I unplugged everything form the FMM, I deleted the FMM module, plugged everything according to the instructions in particular sequence, ran the configure in tasks. I did this three times. On the 3rd time it worked like a charm. I love my Apex Fusion as everything has worked seamlessly except this freakin ATK it gives me fits every time I have to disconnect it for whatever reason (I'm sure mostly my fault.) I don't know if this will help in your situation, but I thought I would share just in case.

New User
    Awesome thanks for the info. Hopefully they can get more feedback like this and try to fix it. This seems to be a common issue. Mine will work if I unplug it do resets etc. That's not too helpful from a product that is advertised as the most redundant and reliable ato ever made lol. Live and learn I guess. I'll stick to coming home everyday from work and checking my sump to see if its working or not